Overdude Analysis of CFB HC Harbaugh

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While Harbough's managed his first 2 seasons with 2 10-3 seasons, he's not won his division once. Has his BIG-10 (12) SOS been as tough as our SEC SOS? (Inform me?). Harbought's return made a "splash" similar to our getting a commit from Carrol. Heck, his return spurred a book published : "The Rise, Fall and Return of Michigan Football".

His first game he lost to Utah, then went on to have a 10-3 season with a 6-2 conference, a 10-3 second season 7-2 conference record. For those 2 years Harbought had a team loaded with experienced upperclassman, revealed by the loss of too many starters for the upcoming 2017 season. That ratio should have made it easier to have 10-win seasons and the inexperience, due to player exodus, should make 2017 a below 10-win season.

I'm thinking that the celebrity-like fanfare splash of Harbought has the peripatetic sports spundips piling on their 'overlove' for the Big-10 once again (along with their counterweight of weariness vs SEC's dominance). I believe we can outspeed them, seeing as we have faster guys with backups that can come in fresh with negligible loss of speed. A competent QB, with a non-stupid playcaller should be able to drive us to TDs, especially pounding them with fresh & hot RB after RB.

So my ignorant comparisons of a few of our positions vs UM positions are :
TEs UF+
WRs UF++
QB equal, maybe UF+
RBs UF++
DBs UF++
OL even?
DL UF+

Yet, betting hubs solidly favor Harbough. Spundrips all favor Harbough. IMO, those folks aren't looking at UM's players vs UF's as matchups. They are favoring the Big-10, not the SEC East. They are still doubting HC Mac (&Nuss) as GatChat downers & many pumpers are. Nuss is a loadstone who had better cut the UM defense apart and let UF athletes succeed to their potential. And we need our extra-tall QB to lead this team offense to smooth drives for TDs. Plus, I hope our RBs + Toney rip off big gains ... tire those UM suckers out. Go Gators make it a resounding, talk-about season opener under these once-in-a-lifetime national TV spotlights.

Please, knowledgeable GatChat Chaps respond in form to give your plusses & minussesconcentrating on plaer position vs player position, so we can get an expectation package for this exciting opportunity.??

One easily overlooked worry (maybe an unwarranted worry) is our S & C results. A cubic centimeter of fat weighs less than a cubic centimeter of muscle and our guys seem to be dropping lbs ?? Hard to be increasing muscle while dropping in weight.??

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another Harbaugh blast piece? This place has a hard on for this guy. Yup, he hasn't done jack **** since taking over that job. He's a loser. Mac is ten times the coach so far. I mean outside of the head-to-head match up...Mac owns Harbaugh in every statistical category.

Mac and the Gators 47
Harbaugh and the blue balls 6

Michigan doesn't have a f ing prayer with this loser as their head coach. Harbaugh is on the hot seat for sure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is not a "pile-on" Harbough invitation. It's a call for a game comparison, unbiased by the star-blinding shine of Harbaugh's return to UM. The fact is, GatChat's dumpers' avalanche covering MacNuss as total losers has me doubtingly worried that UM is going to blitz over our offense and bash over our defense, at the line as well as in the DB. I'm looking for some uplifting honesty.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Another Harbaugh blast piece? This place has a hard on for this guy. Yup, he hasn't done jack **** since taking over that job. He's a loser. Mac is ten times the coach so far. I mean outside of the head-to-head match up...Mac owns Harbaugh in every statistical category.

Mac and the Gators 47
Harbaugh and the blue balls 6

Michigan doesn't have a f ing prayer with this loser as their head coach. Harbaugh is on the hot seat for sure.
im a fan of sarcasm...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Harbaugh has turned 2 bad teams around as a college coach. He took Stanford from 1-11 to 12-1 in a few years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What I was implying by the OP was that UM's16 point winning spread cannot come from a player by player matchup, since UM has too many inexperienced & less experienced players than we do. So, are they outright saying that what Harbough has done as a Big-10 HC proves that he can coach such novices into stomping this SEC team with more experience? If that's their basis, then I say poppycock.

Name the UM player matchups, listing their proven performance that shows they will handle the Gator that they're pitted against.?? And don't make Franks the scapegoat, nor the grown by "fire" OL. We have the RBs that can make the OL better. Franks can surely quick-hit short passes to WRs faking out UM LBs or dump to RBs or Toney as safety valves. In spite of all the "carpet bombing" of gloom-doom this Gator team has the offense to work into effectiveness.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What I was implying by the OP was that UM's16 point winning spread cannot come from a player by player matchup, since UM has too many inexperienced & less experienced players than we do. So, are they outright saying that what Harbough has done as a Big-10 HC proves that he can coach such novices into stomping this SEC team with more experience? If that's their basis, then I say poppycock.

Name the UM player matchups, listing their proven performance that shows they will handle the Gator that they're pitted against.?? And don't make Franks the scapegoat, nor the grown by "fire" OL. We have the RBs that can make the OL better. Franks can surely quick-hit short passes to WRs faking out UM LBs or dump to RBs or Toney as safety valves. In spite of all the "carpet bombing" of gloom-doom this Gator team has the offense to work into effectiveness.

Here are some of their returners. I have a feeling when # 73 is lined up near Fred Johnson its going to spell a lot of bad news for us. Fred Johnson was struggling with a 250 lb. walk-on D lineman when we ran the ball in the spring game.

Michigan does some fake blitz stuff also to disrupt things.

I just think people are a little too confident if they think we are just going to line up and run the ball on Michigan with a lot of success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator