Ox, now that the season is over.....

Mybad

Skrong
Dec 1, 2014
Thanks Ox. I was a long-time member/lurker on GSMB and it got to where I couldn't stand going there anymore. I then moved to SEC Rant in an attempt to satisfy my needs, but there just aren't many Gators over there. THIS PLACE is the BEST! Quality discussions, quality posters, and a lack of troll posts makes for a great place to come talk about our Gators!

Oh, I almost forgot...**** FSU!

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n124465 said:
Just remembered: VOLinMiami. :bwahaha: I wish the newbies could have seen that guy in action.

He was hilarious. Other posters would rag him for talking smack about shooting pool, or living in a van, and he would go ballistic and threaten to whoop some arse. There was another Vol poster who went through several iterations (MOCS30 / Down The Field, etc) - who had serious passive-aggressive issues. He would start off all respectful, complimentary and engaging...and then get royally hacked because Gators were making fun of Vol fans.

Big thanks to OX for firing this thing up! There is an awesome collection of old GS posters whose wit and humor make this dark walk more bearable.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n124395 said:
Thanx Ox. Over at the G'ville Slime message board, they stopped letting my honest assessments of Fooley in regards to football get posted, Well looky looky, it appears that Fooley strode into CSU with his typical arrogance and attitude and they shoved it right back into his grill. Fooley probably thought he would offer a couple MIL and an invite to G'ville for a game and they told him what I would have told him FOAD: Go Away!

Um, yea. How's that hate working for ya? Don't get happy when we start winning, ok? We need someone to remind us where we came from.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator98MD;n124481 said:
This may not be a popular opinion, but I always thought canething was funny. He would say some outlandish things not unlike Alvin to needle us. I was sad to see him stop posting on GSMB. Glad to see alvie came over here though
There was a band guy from FSU maybe he was Noles and he was a great poster. He passed away.
You are all my last best window on what use to be my beloved home, Cross Creek, Ceder Key and the Ichnatuckee river. So many beautiful girls, even some with me, paddleing down that river in tubes, trying not to get any cottenmouths stured up on the bank. My U of F is long gone, Key West Taco, Grand Fallon, Dubs, Traders South, Lamplighter, Rattskeller, Orange and Brew,
You are killing me with all those great memories. Had a tired slashed at Dubs. Drank too much beer at the Orange and Brew and had a revelation. Drank some wine on the Itchetucknee with the girls........Talked to the boss of Traders because my grandmother and he were friends. Used to eat breakfast at the rat each day but with that stale beer smell in the air.Caught MANY a bass at Cross Creek (in Lochloosa) and Cedar Key is where I learned to salt water fish. We now fish out of Suwannee. Dont forget movies on the lawn. The Halloween Ball on the plaza. Janis Mara's editorials in the Alligator. gator growl when it rocked Fireworks shot out of the old south endzone

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is all this Ox love? Everybody knows it's the Mods that do the heavy lifting around here. :proud:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Couldn't agree more. Before this my gatorsports home was over on Gator Country. But they banned me for getting a little too snippy with a "Respected Rival" (Kentucky basketball fan Dailydoublecat). Glad to see that this place doesn't put the happiness of rival posters above its own.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JC, Ox builds his own personal temple in the jungle like a modern day Jim Jones and all the faithful come kneeling at the alter right on queue. Simpletons.

..btw, what time is Kool-Aid being served? I want to make sure I get mine while it's still cold.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n124534 said:
This ain't the Mississippi State message board!

This one went over your head, Mississippi State has got nothing to do with it.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Speaking of the late Muncie Nole, there was a guy who I think was simply "Noles" in the early 00's. He tragically fell off the roof of his house and passed away. He was a online and face-to-face friend to many on GSMB.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you've done a fantastic job with this board and the podcasts. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this continues to develop over the next year. Thanks for all of your time and hard work.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
BoomTown;n124700 said:
JC, Ox builds his own personal temple in the jungle like a modern day Jim Jones and all the faithful come kneeling at the alter right on queue. Simpletons.

..btw, what time is Kool-Aid being served? I want to make sure I get mine while it's still cold.

lawl

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ChattanooGATOR;n124515 said:
He was hilarious. Other posters would rag him for talking smack about shooting pool, or living in a van, and he would go ballistic and threaten to whoop some arse. There was another Vol poster who went through several iterations (MOCS30 / Down The Field, etc) - who had serious passive-aggressive issues. He would start off all respectful, complimentary and engaging...and then get royally hacked because Gators were making fun of Vol fans.

Big thanks to OX for firing this thing up! There is an awesome collection of old GS posters whose wit and humor make this dark walk more bearable.

Didn't VolnMiami claim to be a professional dart thrower?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n124934 said:
Didn't VolnMiami claim to be a professional dart thrower?
I found him on a dart website where he was really talking himself up. Then he claimed he made tons of money doing it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The amount of :tickle: in here is pretty ghey....

But great job tho Ox. This board was started during a dark period in gator history but I think we are going to see some sunlight very soon.

GO GATORS!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n124462 said:
Now, the Vols are a little different. Despite a ten-year winning streak, they had a few guys that showed up and stayed for a while, although Alvin is the only one to stick it out this long. I'm actually forgetting screen names now, although some will remember and remind me. The one dude used to call me "oxfartsmeller", which was his idea of a massive burn.
Didn't he call you Oxenfart? Wasn't that Mocs30?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n124402 said:
GSMB proves this statement true.
I should post this over there since you constantly ask why I'm back over there from time to time on my fishing trips.

I should... but I won't.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I, too, am grateful for the wonderful effort put in to maintaining this message board. I have lurked in the past on other boards and the birth of Gatorchatter was the motivation to join the discussion. Thanks, Ox!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator