Pacman Jones rips Amari Cooper's helmet off...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Holy crap that's awful. Did he get tossed for that?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody gunna' pop a cap in his azz.......

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Intolerable.

Should have been ejected.

Hopefully there's a suspension coming down.

Alex.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'll get less than Brady did for kinda, woulda, shoulda, maybe knew a ball was missing some air. :lol:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I just don't get how this isn't an ejection. It's not like he just happened to pull his helmet off, or just happened to grab his head and then hit it against the helmet. And it's not like the refs weren't right there and witnessed the whole incident. Just mind boggling!

I will say I'm impressed with Cooper keeping his cool. Not sure I would have done the same thing. Or maybe he was just completely shocked by what happened.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n278473 said:
I guess I just don't get how this isn't an ejection. It's not like he just happened to pull his helmet off, or just happened to grab his head and then hit it against the helmet. And it's not like the refs weren't right there and witnessed the whole incident. Just mind boggling!

I will say I'm impressed with Cooper keeping his cool. Not sure I would have done the same thing. Or maybe he was just completely shocked by what happened.

He was probably scared of Pacman's entourage busting a cap in his ass after the game.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n278481 said:
He was probably scared of Pacman's entourage busting a cap in his ass after the game.

Good point. Hopefully Pacman's coach didn't yell at him. That would have just been embarrassing.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n278473 said:

It's typically an Offensive Lineman's job. They're the biggest guys on the field. If somebody goes after your QB, RB, or WR, you go take care of business.

In baseball, if the pitcher beans the batter, the catcher jumps up right away. If the hitter decides to charge the mound, it's the catcher's job to run him down and grab the hitter from behind to protect his pitcher.

In football, it's the OL. You protect your "little brothers". Sometimes it happens on the next play or a couple of plays later. Sometimes you have to bide your time. DE put a cheap shot on your QB? You let him know that's not tolerated.

If you watch the replay of our first MNC where we beat FSU after all the late hits on Danny in Tallahasee, look for Mo Collins, Zack Piller, and Donny Young driving the FSU DL into the Superdome turf every chance they got.

Putting a double team on and driving the guy into the turf is the classy way to do it. If the crime is bad enough, some guys will take a shot at a knee.

Watch this video. 'Bama DL #44 gets cute with a Mizzou RB. Watch the OL teach him some manners on the next two plays (especially the second one).

[video=youtube;GhRQ-Yh1Svg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRQ-Yh1Svg[/video]

Sometimes, you can't wait till the next play. First rule is keep your helmet on. Second rule is if possible, handle it without throwing a punch (but if you gotta, you gotta).

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n278533 said:
It's typically an Offensive Lineman's job. They're the biggest guys on the field. If somebody goes after your QB, RB, or WR, you go take care of business.

In baseball, if the pitcher beans the batter, the catcher jumps up right away. If the hitter decides to charge the mound, it's the catcher's job to run him down and grab the hitter from behind to protect his pitcher.

In football, it's the OL. You protect your "little brothers". Sometimes it happens on the next play or a couple of plays later. Sometimes you have to bide your time. DE put a cheap shot on your QB? You let him know that's not tolerated.

If you watch the replay of our first MNC where we beat FSU after all the late hits on Danny in Tallahasee, look for Mo Collins, Zack Piller, and Donny Young driving the FSU DL into the Superdome turf every chance they got.

Putting a double team on and driving the guy into the turf is the classy way to do it. If the crime is bad enough, some guys will take a shot at a knee.

Watch this video. 'Bama DL #44 gets cute with a Mizzou RB. Watch the OL teach him some manners on the next two plays (especially the second one).

[video=youtube;GhRQ-Yh1Svg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRQ-Yh1Svg[/video]

Sometimes, you can't wait till the next play. First rule is keep your helmet on. Second rule is if possible, handle it without throwing a punch (but if you gotta, you gotta).

Alex.
That Guard really clocks him at 1:44. Helmet off and lil bit of giving him the bizness follows. Tackle then gives him a knee to the face. Nice.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is that Coopers air helmet was under-inflated and Jones didn't want him to get away with this heinous crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator