Pandemic TV

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
;). Helen Crump was nice looking and enjoyed the longest run as Ange’s steady, but she was a b itch. I
I know, right. I called her Helen the Frump Crump. Miss Ellie the pharmacist (Betty on Father Knows Best) was a good one. Reading any and all about this show Andy admitted they didnt know how to write for the love interest. Remember the reunion early in the series where Thelma Lou was introduced as Andy's first love interest from HS? The best female attraction was when Barbara Eden shows up to do nails in Floyd's barbershop. She was a show stopper and our fantasy girl on the old Genie show.
As for a favorite episode with Gunsmoke I swear as a kid I saw one where these 3 BAD outlaws killed this poor old guy and stole his sausage. The sausage was tainted and they died one by one from food poisoning as Matt was tracing them down.................btw Ernest T was an amazing character and scene stealer all day long...........

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just going to drop this here:

JointRepulsiveCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif
Trumps inspiration.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Trumps inspiration.

haha..yep.

btw Ernest T was an amazing character and scene stealer all day long...........

I think he ended up directing several episodes.
he also did a TON of voiceover work for cartoons.
very talented guy...

"Ernest T. Bass made his first appearance in episode #94 ("Mountain Wedding"), as well as four later episodes. The actor who portrayed him, Howard Morris, also played George, the television repairman in episode #140 ("Andy and Helen Have Their Day") and two uncredited voice roles, as Leonard Blush and a radio announcer. Morris also directed a total of eight episodes of the show, none while portraying Ernest T. Bass.

Morris attended New York University on a dramatic arts scholarship. During World War II, Howard was assigned to a United States Army Special Services unit where he was the First Sergeant. Maurice Evans was the company commander and Carl Reiner and Werner Klemperer were soldiers in the unit. Based in Honolulu, the unit entertained American troops throughout the Pacific

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Morris attended New York University on a dramatic arts scholarship. During World War II, Howard was assigned to a United States Army Special Services unit where he was the First Sergeant. Maurice Evans was the company commander and Carl Reiner and Werner Klemperer were soldiers in the unit. Based in Honolulu, the unit entertained American troops throughout the Pacific
I just read Mel Brooks autobio. He speaks a lot about working with Morris and very highly of him. They worked together often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.