Patric Young signs 2 year deal with Pelicans

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am guessing this is a normal signing not just what he has to sign to play in the Summer league ? If it is I think it means you get about 500K regardless if you ever suit up for the team.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is my understanding that this means he is on the team. If I find more information I will post it.
:chomp:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good for Pat! He'll work his butt off for them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n15962 said:
It is my understanding that this means he is on the team. If I find more information I will post it.
:chomp:

I think technically you still have to be on the final roster to be on the active team but when they sign you like this you are getting a nice paycheck even if you didn't start on the active roster for the season. Almost the same as a 2nd round pick in reality who some never actually play for the top level team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I figured something was going on. He didn't play the second half of their last summer league game. If you didn't see him play in summer league he was very impressive. He's probably the best post defender comming out this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n15967 said:
I figured something was going on. He didn't play the second half of their last summer league game. If you didn't see him play in summer league he was very impressive. He's probably the best post defender comming out this year.
I've been watching quite a bit of the summer league. Pretty fun as they are playing hard to make a roster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n15968 said:
I've been watching quite a bit of the summer league. Pretty fun as they are playing hard to make a roster.
Those guys are absolutely grinding it is fun to watch.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pelicans are my new favorite team. They picked up Young and my boy Jimmer. Should be fun to watch.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This literally made my day when I saw it. So happy for the kid. Hope it works out.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he continues to clean up the glass the way he has in the summer league he'll find his way on the court for the pelicans.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he works his ass off he should at least be able to remain a role player for many years, and bank some millions.

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
Very happy for Patric, one of the truly awesome guys to have covered here at Florida. Very good player and an even better person. He'll be successful in whatever he does, basketball or otherwise. Really cool to see him get a shot with the NBA. That he gets to do it for the team I support as a born-and-raised New Orleanian is even cooler. Hope he makes an impact.

With Anthony Davis being a more finesse player, they'll be counting on Young to come off the bench and provide he and Asik with a breather while providing the opponents with a tough rebounding matchup and a physical inside player. Monty Williams loves defensive players and has tried to build New Orleans around strong defense, which gives Young a great chance to stick around and play a key role in New Orleans for a while.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It might be a stretch, but I would not be surprised if within 3-5 years Young is in the conversation for Defensive POY.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so sure he has the athleticism and length to win DPOY. I think he can carve out a career similar to Haslem. Except maybe slightly less offense and more of a defensive stalwart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator