PD's Postulations on Chip Kelly debacle and Mullen hire

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Most everyone here has some hang up about Mullen saying going here after Meyer left was a lateral move.
No. My hang up is over his actions as OC, though he was smart, like Sidehat, and left at the right time (good year for his side of the ball).

Lizard by the Lake

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2017
Good article. The guy's description of how he initially thought about Kelly, jumped onboard as UF seemed to be closer to hiring him and then took the time to reflect on why he initially had some concerns mirrored how I thought about Kelly. I also was not aware that Kelly reneged on so many deals. Better off without him.

As for Mullen, admittedly, I am not very familiar with his record at MSU so my perspective is biased from reading the initial negative comments (on GCMB) about the guy when he was hired by UF. The record against top teams has me concerned but when I read the article (as well as some of the more balanced posters here) I can see a clear upside.

Thanks for sharing the article, Ox.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Great article. It crystalized a a lot of thoughts and feelings I've had that I had not boiled down to anything specific And, I can't disagree with his assertion that the Gator brand has become toxic due to the online fan base. I immediately thought of a few GCMB posters when I read that. I initially didn't like the Mullen hire, but I've come around. As the author pointed out, I'm going to be a lot happier the next few weeks than I would have been without the hire, and particularly more so than the FSU and Tennessee fans. I'm looking forward to him pulling in the great bulk of this recruiting class. If he does, we may actually be pretty good next year, and the year(s) after.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No. My hang up is over his actions as OC, though he was smart, like Sidehat, and left at the right time (good year for his side of the ball).

To be fair, Mississippi State has 18 returning starters next year.

And you’re earlier post about PD is spot on.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
"If Dan Mullen is the one who will say 'Yes' right now, and probably the ONLY acceptable hire who will say 'Yes' right now, then I say take him now, say thank you, kiss his rings (his two national title rings he won at UF), and tell everyone else to pipe down and either get behind him or get lost."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"If Dan Mullen is the one who will say 'Yes' right now, and probably the ONLY acceptable hire who will say 'Yes' right now, then I say take him now, say thank you, kiss his rings (his two national title rings he won at UF), and tell everyone else to pipe down and either get behind him or get lost."

The same people who kissed Butters two rings?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The same people who kissed Butters two rings?
Butters is fine as an oc. God awful at managing anything more than that. Those two rings are Clones of the ones Saban earned.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bc they (SID) wanted wide dissemination to get us in line, without actually releasing it themselves.

PD thinks we will be functional on offense. Its a pretty candid assessment from an ultra pumper. I guess functional is something I suppose. If we had a functional offense in 2012 or 2015, we might have won championships. Not sure that is going to be good enough in the future with our poor defense.

I understand you aren't happy but are you going to be like this for the next 9 months?

Like what?

Am I going to be me? Probably.

You should change your name from 'donkey to Eeyore

upload_2017-11-29_10-58-34.jpeg

:D

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

How many here are "excited?" I will answer that...not many. Now, what can any of us do to change it? I will answer that....nothing. Yes, you can complain and stop going to games etc..still the same coach, like it or not. We are all in the same boat. I dont have to like it. It is what it is and I now must suck it up and get on board or completely get off the train....

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I resent your remarks and the implication!

Regards,
Spam

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My friend, no one is saying you have to be excited. No one is saying you even have to frequent message boards or even turn the game on. All I'm saying it that it's reality that he's the coach and we are going to war with him, for better or for worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator