PD's Postulations on Chip Kelly debacle and Mullen hire

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan did all these upgrades around 2009. They spent money on Football stadium upgrades as well as Basketball. What are the returns? They are a tad above us and that is it. Quit *****ing about facilities and stadiums. Michigan State has none of these but still have a better product in the last decade than Michigan or us. Heck Michigan wants to spend 300+ million of Ross money for more upgrades in the next few years.
Returns? They beat the holy fvkk out of us twice.

We arent talking about the returns anyway we are talking about the reputation that hurts us with coaches.

These guys dont want their careers damaged by a staff full of FIU level assistant coaches. I don't blame them.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The question is what in the hell can your pissing and moaning change anything? Go back and read....I know you already did. We were all pretty much let down by the hire but crying your eyes out and whining continuously does nothing. I understand your idol is the Donk but your not the donk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's true Law was very unhappy even in 2008 when we were beating everyone by 40. He always despised the spread option and resented the fact we were winning with it.
Not true.

I was pretty pissy by 2009 and with roster problems that were evident. Turns out that prediction that we did in fact need to sign OL (only 2 in CUM's last two classes) and skill players who were not all smurfy hybrids was spot on.

I admit it took me awhile to get used to winning with defense and special teams and just enough offense.

We could have scored more points. There's no doubt about it in my mind. We opened up the offense twice, once versus Ohio State and once versus Cincinnati. Blew them both out in a way that no one imagined we could.

Eventually you get to the point that you accept that they're not going to throw the ball in first or second down.

I admit my biases for modern offenses and my distaste for option football.

Last edited:

CTGator

Nov 16, 2017
PD on GC is a dweeb who probably talks to himself in the shower to come up with some weird version of reality until he thinks it is true. He is the epitome of that piece of crap site. He has no knowledge of what actually happened yet seems to be able to write a graduate school length dissertation about how he thinks it went down?

With that said ... I am glad CK didn't come to UF. I think he bolts UCLA sooner than later and leaves them high and dry.
He has zero passion, you can tell by the UCLA press conference. I will take ride with Mullen, and none of us knows if this is a good hire till 3 years from now. Butters looked like a good hire when we won the east his first year.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Returns? They beat the holy fvkk out of us twice.

We arent talking about the returns anyway we are talking about the reputation that hurts us with coaches.

These guys dont want their careers damaged by a staff full of FIU level assistant coaches. I don't blame them.
They beat the snot out of the same coach. But, have they beaten their rivals? MSU beats them on a constant basis and so does OSU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. I understand your idol is the Donk but your not the donk.
Not everyone can measure up.

HKsBkcO.jpg

They beat the snot out of the same coach. But, have they beaten their rivals? MSU beats them on a constant basis and so does OSU.
Ok.

If we invest the way OSU (UOHSC to Instigator), we might be able to hang w Meatchikin too.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Butters was a lazy pos. Mullens is a workaholic. He coached a game against Auburn all groggy after an appendectomy. It was a horribly run offense. We lost that game and Meyer said it was his mistake to let Mullens call plays.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The question is what in the hell can your pissing and moaning change anything? Go back and read....I know you already did. We were all pretty much let down by the hire but crying your eyes out and whining continuously does nothing. I understand your idol is the Donk but your not the donk.

What about pissing and moaning about pissing and moaning?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK... With Chip Kelly doing what Chip Kelly does... and now he's off the table. Scott Frost, we presume will stay where he is or (and more likely) return to Nebraska which is where he played ball. So with all that said, What elite coach would YOU want hired???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.