Personnel decisions

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can't get my head wrapped around some of the personnel decisions Mac and co make.

Why are we rotating WRs every other play? Cleveland and Toney are never on the field at the same time. Where is Massey? Don't you want your best WRs on the field at the same time?

And why the heck isn't Davis getting 10-15 carries? He is by far our most explosive RB.

I won't even get started with having Powell anywhere near the kick and punt return teams.

Bottom line is we have the playmakers now, so why don't we utilize them?

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
It's probably got something to do with blocking ability and knowing what to do on all the plays. I know.....I know....we need our playmakers on the field with the ball and I agree but I'm just telling you....coaches are serious about that stuff and if they miss a block our assignment they go crazy and it's all part of the execution thing we are all yelling about.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it's not blocking ability when Perine gave up that awful sack I was hoping to not see him on the field again.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
They have powell out there to stop people from trying to run it out of the end zone every play :)

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They have powell out there to stop people from trying to run it out of the end zone every play :)
I don't get why he has to stop them every time you'd think after a couple times they'd figure it out!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone convinced Nussmeier that the larger the number, the higher the ranking.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I know our TE's can't block but I thought they could catch. I was at the game but can recall three TE's with one catch for nine yards. If that's all we're getting out of them we might as well go four wide or put in an extra linemen. Also Massey is what I thought he was and Toney is three times the player.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Agree with the "where's Massey" question. I remember one pass intended for him and he was double covered...incomplete. Perhaps the knee injury has taken away some explosiveness or maybe he was over-hyped to begin with?

Didn't see Tyler Jordan play at all? Did I miss that or did his poor play against UM result in the bench? He was another one touted in preseason as a linchpin of the Oline.

Antonneous Clayton....did he play at all? Still waiting for him to act like a 5 star.

I do believe that the absence of Scarlett and Calloway has an impact. No, they are not All SEC performers but they are the best returning at their position and they would be part of the game plan if active. That said, they did this to themselves and have to live with the consequences.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I hope it's not blocking ability when Perine gave up that awful sack I was hoping to not see him on the field again.

UF gave up 2 sacks against UTn. One was on Thompson 24 missing the MLB and the other was when Franks rolled into the blitz where both an TE and RB chipped the guy. So I am not sure which one you think you are putting on Perine, but I put one on Thompson and one on play design/Franks.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I don't think Cleavland should be returning kicks. He hesitates too much, looking for blocks. It is much harder for the defender to hit you if you are going full speed. Of course it hurts more when they do so it certain degree of fearlessness is required.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I don't think Cleavland should be returning kicks. He hesitates too much, looking for blocks. It is much harder for the defender to hit you if you are going full speed. Of course it hurts more when they do so it certain degree of fearlessness is required.

TC is becoming a great WR with clutch catches, but he lacks the shake n bake typically needed for KR. I think raid read my mind about the top 2 candidates for that job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator