Perspective

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So now some of you realize that the Ron Z years were not the worst. Some of us long time fans know this is not the worst. I guess it seems worse after mult national titles with Urb or all that SEC domination with Steve but unlike MOST teams in America we HAVE been on top and viewed as elite. So that is what makes it hurt worse. Your hated rival FSU is on top. The dawgs are beating us and Lame Kitten's offense just put more yards on us than any team in history. Do we need a suicide hotline or just the 2nd team QB and Will going down the road. It is never as simple as those things. Here is my plan. Gonna pull for my team and coaches this year and support them. Honestly, watching bama the last 20 minutes of that game made me feel worse than anything the previous 4 years. But I will be gdamned if I give up on our team or staff. I see guys like Ball and Hargraves and many others laying it all out there. They are team players and we need to be team gator fans and support them all. Like it was said years ago, you are either a gator or gator bait.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The feeling of helplessness when we get the ball, really sux. This is year four and we have not yet had an offense that we could rely on to bring us back from a 3 point deficit. What we saw in game one has not been done again. We had a ball control, short passing game with a few deep passes thrown in. For some reason, against Bama, they allowed Pease to come back and run our offense. We played right into Bama's strength on defense - their run defense.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Quite true that this is not the worst that UF has seen in the past, but it was a long time ago. The players deserve our support especially those who are performing well. Now every starter must earn their position and Jeff has at least earned sitting and letting someone else take the helm.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that it doesn't have to be this way. Fire the head coach and replace him with somebody competent.

Also bench Driskel.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a team that was helpless on offense last night. They couldn't do anything and were dominated by the other team's defense. It wasn't Florida, it was FSU. Yet they still found a way to win. They won with heart, something that is missing from UF. You can be terrible on offense and still find a way to win. But you have to not give up, it looks like Florida has given up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n57013 said:
The feeling of helplessness when we get the ball, really sux. This is year four and we have not yet had an offense that we could rely on to bring us back from a 3 point deficit. What we saw in game one has not been done again. We had a ball control, short passing game with a few deep passes thrown in. For some reason, against Bama, they allowed Pease to come back and run our offense. We played right into Bama's strength on defense - their run defense.

That game one stuff with Driskel throwing 2 yard passes in the flats mostly will only put up numbers like that when you are playing against air which was about the same as playing EMs defense. Heck we even had to keep going on 4th down at the beginning of the game.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
P.S. It seems a cute little picture has been attached to me. I have only given my honest evaluation. It's hard to face the truth sometimes, but you can't ignore it. Maybe some of you are coming to the realization that what I've said is just the reality of what this Gator team is. The fact is that UF doesn't have the talent level that some of you think is there. UF has a great punter and a great corner. After that, well it's relative to the competition you face, and there are only a couple of worse teams than Kentucky left on the schedule. If you are no longer drinking the Kool-Aid, it shouldn't be too hard to decipher what that means.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n57013 said:

You still believe Pease ran our offense?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n57256 said:
The fact is that UF doesn't have the talent level that some of you think is there.
I agree with you - it's clearly a notch below the Meyer years. But who's responsible for the roster?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n57256 said:
P.S. It seems a cute little picture has been attached to me. I have only given my honest evaluation. It's hard to face the truth sometimes, but you can't ignore it. Maybe some of you are coming to the realization that what I've said is just the reality of what this Gator team is. The fact is that UF doesn't have the talent level that some of you think is there. UF has a great punter and a great corner. After that, well it's relative to the competition you face, and there are only a couple of worse teams than Kentucky left on the schedule. If you are no longer drinking the Kool-Aid, it shouldn't be too hard to decipher what that means.

I agree the talent on offense is not that great probably. Not really sure about the potential of our young O linemen but as far as skill players on offense Taylor and Robinson would be about the only 2 that the top SEC teams would be after.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
VulcanAlex said:
Quite true that this is not the worst that UF has seen in the past, but it was a long time ago. The players deserve our support especially those who are performing well. Now every starter must earn their position and Jeff has at least earned sitting and letting someone else take the helm.
no argument on that

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp is very overrated as a recruiter. He flat out sucks at coaching.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
ntcrze;n57225 said:
I saw a team that was helpless on offense last night. They couldn't do anything and were dominated by the other team's defense. It wasn't Florida, it was FSU. Yet they still found a way to win. They won with heart, something that is missing from UF. You can be terrible on offense and still find a way to win. But you have to not give up, it looks like Florida has given up.

I'm sorry but they played Clemson not bama.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Mudd said:
ntcrze;n57225 said:

Exactly. fsu is a joke--classless scum. Clemson handed them that game. Alabama would wipe the floor with them with or without their phony crablegs.
I understand all the b!tching in the Gator Nation, but be proud and happy that you're a Gator and not a scumbag nole.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Mudd said:
ntcrze;n57225 said:

:exactly:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
stephenPE;n57007 said:
So now some of you realize that the Ron Z years were not the worst. Some of us long time fans know this is not the worst. I guess it seems worse after mult national titles with Urb or all that SEC domination with Steve but unlike MOST teams in America we HAVE been on top and viewed as elite. So that is what makes it hurt worse. Your hated rival FSU is on top. The dawgs are beating us and Lame Kitten's offense just put more yards on us than any team in history. Do we need a suicide hotline or just the 2nd team QB and Will going down the road. It is never as simple as those things. Here is my plan. Gonna pull for my team and coaches this year and support them. Honestly, watching bama the last 20 minutes of that game made me feel worse than anything the previous 4 years. But I will be gdamned if I give up on our team or staff. I see guys like Ball and Hargraves and many others laying it all out there. They are team players and we need to be team gator fans and support them all. Like it was said years ago, you are either a gator or gator bait.

Bravo, StephenPE. Not all Gators are REAL Gators, like us. Some of these "fans" simply will not be satisfied until this coach has been replaced with a competent one! (Can you believe they call themselves fans??) Not us, though, you and I won't give up on this team and staff ever! They deserve our undying support -- did you see them lay it all out there with 1:44 left in the first half? I don't know when I've seen such effort - three runs!! I was so glad the clock ran out and they could get a break, after laying it all out there like that. I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. Not giving up! I'm a gator!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Foley and co should make a statement tonight and relieve muschamp of his duties . And send the message to gator fans that this has gone on long enough and we're committed to having an elite football program.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Barring any of the extra-curricular problems that Zook had, Foley will not fire Muschamp in the middle of the season. At the end of the season . . . that's another story. We're still 3 games into the season (should be 4) and there's a LOT left to be played, plus we have the open date next week. This is a big problem, but let's see how it all pans out, especially against Tennessee on Oct 4th. For all we know, Muschamp/Roper may indeed bench Driskel in favor of Harris against the Vols. Let's just see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.