Perspective

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
HogtownGator said:
stephenPE;n57007 said:
So now some of you realize that the Ron Z years were not the worst. Some of us long time fans know this is not the worst. I guess it seems worse after mult national titles with Urb or all that SEC domination with Steve but unlike MOST teams in America we HAVE been on top and viewed as elite. So that is what makes it hurt worse. Your hated rival FSU is on top. The dawgs are beating us and Lame Kitten's offense just put more yards on us than any team in history. Do we need a suicide hotline or just the 2nd team QB and Will going down the road. It is never as simple as those things. Here is my plan. Gonna pull for my team and coaches this year and support them. Honestly, watching bama the last 20 minutes of that game made me feel worse than anything the previous 4 years. But I will be gdamned if I give up on our team or staff. I see guys like Ball and Hargraves and many others laying it all out there. They are team players and we need to be team gator fans and support them all. Like it was said years ago, you are either a gator or gator bait.

Bravo, StephenPE. Not all Gators are REAL Gators, like us. Some of these "fans" simply will not be satisfied until this coach has been replaced with a competent one! (Can you believe they call themselves fans??) Not us, though, you and I won't give up on this team and staff ever! They deserve our undying support -- did you see them lay it all out there with 1:44 left in the first half? I don't know when I've seen such effort - three runs!! I was so glad the clock ran out and they could get a break, after laying it all out there like that. I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. Not giving up! I'm a gator!!
I am a huge fan of sarcasm and use it for my sanity. I saw a lot of players going hard in that game. I don't think any coach or player is above criticism. But a long as they wear the orange and blue they are my team and I will not act like a petulant 9 year old and compete here to say the most asinine thing about players or coaches. what kind of fcking fan piles on his team after they get beaten badly at probably the toughest place to play in America? Good fans? Smart fans? More like those that trashed BobbyB in Tallacrappy at the end of his tenure.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
Barring any of the extra-curricular problems that Zook had, Foley will not fire Muschamp in the middle of the season. At the end of the season . . . that's another story. We're still 3 games into the season (should be 4) and there's a LOT left to be played, plus we have the open date next week. This is a big problem, but let's see how it all pans out, especially against Tennessee on Oct 4th. For all we know, Muschamp/Roper may indeed bench Driskel in favor of Harris against the Vols. Let's just see.
Exactly why we need to ****can Duncechamp now and not wait. Still plenty to play for. Hall worked magic getting bumped up from OC in 1984, let Roper have a shot.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
stephenPE;n57007 said:
So now some of you realize that the Ron Z years were not the worst. Some of us long time fans know this is not the worst. I guess it seems worse after mult national titles with Urb or all that SEC domination with Steve but unlike MOST teams in America we HAVE been on top and viewed as elite. So that is what makes it hurt worse. Your hated rival FSU is on top. The dawgs are beating us and Lame Kitten's offense just put more yards on us than any team in history. Do we need a suicide hotline or just the 2nd team QB and Will going down the road. It is never as simple as those things. Here is my plan. Gonna pull for my team and coaches this year and support them. Honestly, watching bama the last 20 minutes of that game made me feel worse than anything the previous 4 years. But I will be gdamned if I give up on our team or staff. I see guys like Ball and Hargraves and many others laying it all out there. They are team players and we need to be team gator fans and support them all. Like it was said years ago, you are either a gator or gator bait.

Bravo, StephenPE. Not all Gators are REAL Gators, like us. Some of these "fans" simply will not be satisfied until this coach has been replaced with a competent one! (Can you believe they call themselves fans??) Not us, though, you and I won't give up on this team and staff ever! They deserve our undying support -- did you see them lay it all out there with 1:44 left in the first half? I don't know when I've seen such effort - three runs!! I was so glad the clock ran out and they could get a break, after laying it all out there like that. I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. Not giving up! I'm a gator!!
Those are some really less than intellectual statements, Hog. There is nothing dumber on a Gator message board filled with alumni than pulling the "real fan" card. We don't have to support an incompetent staff and can be amped out until our kids get a worthy one. I mean your mentality reeks of the liberal left with your if we don't think like this we must all be like that. My two UF degrees and being on the scene since the 0-10-1 campaign allows me any opinion I want regarding the direction of my alma mater and sports program. If I'm not entertained or feel my kids are getting a bum deal, then I'll call out the adult bums sucking down my contributions for inferior work. If a player is not good enough compared to others in his position around the league, I'll vote to sit his ass down and let another kid prove himself better. My suggestion is be careful calling out any alumnus just because we don't have our nose up the crack of Will Muschamp's ass. Coaches around the league have done much better with their recruits and give a better game day experience in four years of working than this guy. We are here every game with one thing in mind. The happiness of our student athletes. An athlete is happiest when they win and so are we. You know, the non-real fans. Comical.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
Barring any of the extra-curricular problems that Zook had, Foley will not fire Muschamp in the middle of the season. At the end of the season . . . that's another story. We're still 3 games into the season (should be 4) and there's a LOT left to be played, plus we have the open date next week. This is a big problem, but let's see how it all pans out, especially against Tennessee on Oct 4th. For all we know, Muschamp/Roper may indeed bench Driskel in favor of Harris against the Vols. Let's just see.
We can still talk and see what happens. If it wasn't for the 3 year track record and the politician like rhetoric, I would be a little more hopeful about the guy.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel must serve Gatorade...he is not an SEC QB. I thought I would feel better once I sobered up. I dislike him more sober. We have many problems but I would feel a lot better if we had a head ball coach with big enough testicles to admit that Jeff just isn't good enough to play in the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I saw a team that was helpless on offense last night. They couldn't do anything and were dominated by the other team's defense. It wasn't Florida, it was FSU. Yet they still found a way to win. They won with heart, something that is missing from UF. You can be terrible on offense and still find a way to win. But you have to not give up, it looks like Florida has given up.
Why is this Nolltroll here?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Perspective? Someone mentioned he is an astounding .500 in SEC play overall. He's 24-17. He's 4-13 vs ranked teams. He just had the most yards ever given up by a Gator defense. He's not good enough. I don't need perspective. That does not change the FACT that Will Muschump sucks as a head coach. He had one fluke season and we can longer hang our hats on that. What must be eventually must be done now.

FIRE WILL MUSCHUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n57225 said:
I saw a team that was helpless on offense last night. They couldn't do anything and were dominated by the other team's defense. It wasn't Florida, it was FSU. Yet they still found a way to win. They won with heart, something that is missing from UF. You can be terrible on offense and still find a way to win. But you have to not give up, it looks like Florida has given up.

Can we get rid of this guy?

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
HogtownGator said:
stephenPE;n57007 said:

Stud, your sarcasm detector is broken. Read it slowly.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Foley and co should make a statement tonight and relieve muschamp of his duties . And send the message to gator fans that this has gone on long enough and we're committed to having an elite football program.
A statement from the athletic director: "We remain 100% fully supportive of our coach, Will Muschamp. He has the program heading in the right direction. It's unfair to expect any coach to win every game, especially since no coach at UF has ever done so. As seen when I was celebrating the win over Kentucky, like UF had just won the Super Bowl, I am vry happy with the job Will Muschamp is doing. I know that he works harder than anyone and will fix what went wrong against Alabama. Since Alabama is the best team in the history of college football, to only lose by 21 points to them is a great sign of the progress of the program under my good friend, Will Muschamp.When I hired Will, I saw that he had the same qualities as another one of my brilliant coaching hires, Billy Donovan. Billy didn't win a national title by his fourth year, but did so later. I am confident that my good friend, Will Muschamp, will bring the same kind of success to Florida football. Will Muschamp is our coach, and everyone should get behind him. Not doing so only hurts recruiting, and we have seen that Will Muschamp is an excellent recruiter, let's not spoil this year's class by sowing dissension in the Gator Nation. Will, my good friend, is, and will continue to be the head football coach at Florida for a very long time. Thank you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator