Phil Steele releases his pre-season top 25 (UF 13th)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think A&M's schedule may play into a high pre-season ranking

vAbelineChristian
vNorthTexas
vARK
@MissSt
vFresnoState
@AU
@USCe
vMiss
vVAN
@ALA
vLSU

Only sure loss is ALA. LSU is a likely loss, AU is a toss up maybe? Other than that, cupcake city.
They'll go 10-2 (and be ranked highly for a lot of the season) and make a NY-6 bowl. Aggie pumpers will say Jimbo's turned the ship around and great things are on the horizon. Hmmm.....this sounds familiar for some reason.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ehlinger is a hell of a talent, but they have always had something go wrong. Has been that way since the last year of Mack Brown. Until they can prove they can get out of their own way (most of the issues being similar to ours, organizational further up than coaching), how can we trust an organization that can't seem to move forward.
The Curse of Mushchump.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
So we finished #7 in 2018, #6 in 2019 and get tossed in with the Syracuses of the world

Typical

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming there’s even a season this year – I don’t think there’s gonna be one -

I think we have a decent probability of making the playoffs. And a high probability of finishing top7. And that’s mainly because our schedule is really soft. Maybe our weakest schedule in the last 20 years.

Combine that with a veteran QB and an O that doesn’t take chances, I think we will have a really good year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Combine that with a veteran QB and an O that doesn’t take chances
Yes, of course. The key to championships is having an O that doesnt take chances.

:mac:

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Pre-season rankings are no more than someone's opinion. Opinions are like noses-everybody has one.
Remember back in 2013, that school out west started the season ranked in virtually the same place.
Then, along came some guy by the name of Winston and the rest is history.
Number 13 isn't a bad place to start. Wins on the gridiron is all that will matter.
For the Gators to have a successful season, that game in Jacksonville is key.

00p0p_8w1Nvi96bZ6_04Q04Q_600x450.jpg

"WELL, I THINK MY GUESS IS AS GOOD AS ANYBODY'S"

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

I think we have a decent probability of making the playoffs. And a high probability of finishing top7. And that’s mainly because our schedule is really soft. Maybe our weakest schedule in the last 20 years.

Combine that with a veteran QB and an O that doesn’t take chances, I think we will have a really good year.
Anything's possible, but unless we beat the dwags it's not going to feel like a really good year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

A weak schedule and a team that does shoot itself in the foot will put us in the Playoff conversion. If the ball bounces our way more than average puts us in the dance.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It does get you there, but similar to what Butters did his first two years, with a weak schedule and limiting mistakes. You get in the conversation, then when you play a well coaches, better talented team you get beaten down like you did T's mom.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It does get you there, but similar to what Butters did his first two years, with a weak schedule and limiting mistakes. You get in the conversation, then when you play a well coaches, better talented team you get beaten down like you did T's mom.
Let's see. Pulling out my crystal ball now:

Same garbage Butters era LBs and a GA pretending to be a LB coach
Same garbage Butters safety, Ole English
Same 3rd and Grantham DC
Lost the top 4 receivers, replacing with questionable players, inconsistent at best
Same OL, OL coach, and OC committed to round hole square peg offense making OL look even worse
Same problems at QB and Rb.

yeah, sure. Championship city. It seems so clear now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Same 3rd and Grantham DC
Lost the top 4 receivers, replacing with questionable players, inconsistent at best
Same OL, OL coach, and OC committed to round hole square peg offense making OL look even worse

No one is saying we are Championship caliber, you are the only one saying that. You get into the playoffs with a beneficial schedule and not shooting yourself in the foot. The problem is once you get into the playoffs you get exposed.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Same 3rd and Grantham DC

A person could log on to this site once a year and would end up reading the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.