Photo: Legendary Florida RB Emmitt Smith dons a new SEC logo as daughter signs with Texas A&M

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Photo: Legendary Florida RB Emmitt Smith dons a new SEC logo as daughter signs with Texas A&M

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...smith-dons-new-sec-logo-daughter-signs-texas/

After running for 3,928 yards and 36 touchdowns in three years in Gainesville, NFL Hall of Fame RB Emmitt Smith is a legendary Florida Gator.

However, his daughter, Rheagen, decided to follow her own path when it comes to her soccer career.

Though she’ll play in the SEC like her dad, Rheagen signed with Texas A&M on Monday, prompting her dad to don an Aggies shirt:

View image on Twitter
DCI0tqrUQAAwDnW.jpg:small

Follow
Emmitt Smith

✔@EmmittSmith22

30 years ago I signed with @FloridaGators and now @rheagensmith is signing with @TAMU! Proud to be by my daughter's side! #gogators #gigem

1:35 PM - 12 Jun 2017
Though Gator fans may not like seeing the former Florida star in a Texas A&M shirt, Rheagen likely spent most of her childhood alongside her dad while he played for the Dallas Cowboys, amassing an NFL-record 18,355 career rushing yards.

Here’s hoping she has a legendary career like her father’s.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've got no problem with it. He was wise enough to keep her out of Athens, Tallacrappee, Tuscalooser and the like.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta respect family. He's cheering for his daughter. No problem.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait... she grew up in Texas and went to a Texas school to play soccer? Her Dad is supporting her? This is insane!

:shocked3:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our dude's a Gator... his daughter's an aggie... the Circle of Life. Glad I was there to watch him run.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
She's a women's soccer player. The only people who have a problem with this are Foley fans.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I bleed orange and blue but if my boys get a scholarship to go somewhere else I will absolutely support them.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I bleed orange and blue but if my boys get a scholarship to go somewhere else I will absolutely support them.

There's a short list of schools that I don't think I could support in that scenario, primarily f$u and bUTt because of the amount of smoke that indicated a willful intent to keep athletes eligible no matter how heinous the crime against women. I'm sure it happens in many places, but there's more confirmation at those two "institutions of higher learning" than others.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a short list of schools that I don't think I could support in that scenario, primarily f$u and bUTt because of the amount of smoke that indicated a willful intent to keep athletes eligible no matter how heinous the crime against women. I'm sure it happens in many places, but there's more confirmation at those two "institutions of higher learning" than others.

Don't forget UGA, because UGA sucks!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Fire Foley...oh wait..

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The theme of this thread has turned into having to defend Emmitt for supporting his daughter. There was never any malice from anyone here, other than a few smartass emoji's. Not sure why everyone commenting feels the need to defend his position of "allowing" his daughter to go to Texas A&M and feeling he "has to" support her. Anyone who thinks he shouldn't allow it is....full retard.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The theme of this thread has turned into having to defend Emmitt for supporting his daughter. There was never any malice from anyone here, other than a few smartass emoji's. Not sure why everyone commenting feels the need to defend his position of "allowing" his daughter to go to Texas A&M and feeling he "has to" support her. Anyone who thinks he shouldn't allow it is....full retard.

Context and tone can often get lost in typed text. However, I'm not losing any sleep over the comments here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Other than some jokes, that is how I'm reading the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator