Player on 3-0 Eagles rips coaching staff for hard practices

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In 30 years watching football I don't think I've ever seen this before. A player on a 3-0 football team, which had dominating performances in the second half of all three games, ripping into the coaching staff to the media about being overworked in practice. You see players on crappy, losing teams do this from time to time. But to pop off to reporters about it when you're undefeated?

“I’m not the only guy that feels burnt out. I’m just a guy that’s man enough to stand up for players and just say that we’re burnt out,” Williams said Sunday, per CSNPhilly.com. “My legs hurt. My legs were done in the fourth quarter. My legs were done in the third quarter. My legs were done before the game started.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ctice-regimen/

The Eagles are lucky to have Chip Kelly, in my opinion. His scheme demands his players are the best possible shape.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What a biotch. Even Chris carter said this was a dick move this morning.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe this sort of player nonsense will lead to a jaded, frustrated Chip Kelly, and will have him longing for a return to the good ol' days of coaching at the college level again. :)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This guy really is a piece of work. Why exactly would you want a guy like this on your team?

What might hurt Williams’ long-term future in Philadelphia more than criticizing his coach is his choice not to get involved in the ensuing fight after quarterback Nick Foles was decked on a cheap shot by Washington nose guard Chris Baker.

“I kind of stayed away from it because one, I wasn’t getting involved, and two I didn’t want to exert too much energy with bull crap.”

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/...cket/16029373/

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n58697 said:
Maybe this sort of player nonsense will lead to a jaded, frustrated Chip Kelly, and will have him longing for a return to the good ol' days of coaching at the college level again. :)
:lol: He would personally be the #1 coach I would want, hands down. Too bad he's 10-2 in his last 12 games. He's winning too much.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a teammate. In his defense he kinda reminds me of myself, I feel like I'm over worked and I too don't want to over exert myself over bull crap.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Carey Williams keep's getting burned and then blames Kelly. What a moron. He will be on the practice squad soon if he doesn't get cut.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i-dont-always-get-sand-in-my-vagina-but-when-i-do-im-sure-to-tell-some-one-about-it.jpg

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So the rich spoiled NFL player just wants to work out lightly during the week and show up for the game well rested and relaxed. The NFL owners and coaches should present this case before every rookie camp as an example of the kind of deadbeat you don't want on your team if you want to win the Super Bowl.

"we talkin' about practice"

allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention he didn't want to "exert too much energy" defending his quarterback. :rolleyes:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
According to Kelly, it turns out this guy didn't even practice last week!

“Cary actually didn’t really practice last week. So he was limited — he missed Wednesday and Thursday, just did some light things on Wednesday and Thursday and then Friday is obviously a walk through for us. So we monitor all of our players on an individual basis and then kind of what they can do and can’t do. So, we’re practicing the same way we’ve always practiced.

“I believe we’re the freshest team in the fourth quarter. I think that if you look at what we’re doing in the fourth quarter of games. I thought the way our whole team played in the fourth quarter obviously shows what type of conditioning we have.”

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The idea of anyone questioning Kelly's conditioning tactics, after the first three games were largely decided in the second half, is absurd.

And no, he doesn't need to come to UF. There are plenty of good coaches at this level that would be a major upgrade here. Kelly needs to stay in Philly.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Lazy overpaid piece of crap. Surely he could land a gig in a less taxing food service industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.