Players leaving for NFL (or staying)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No word yet on UF players leaving or staying. I expect Dawson to return, but most of the others (Brantley, Tabor, Wilson, Anzalone) to leave, Sharpe maybe.

Just saw the Nick Chubb is returning for UGA.

Here's a link tracking players so far:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...g-underclassmen-intentions-for-2017-nfl-draft

Intending on early draft entry

» James Conner, RB, Pitt (Reveals plans for 2017)
» D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (Announces draft intentions)
» Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (Reveals draft intentions)
» Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson (Swinney says Gallman intends to enter draft)
» Jermaine Grace, LB, Miami (Former 'Canes LB intends to enter draft)
» Charles Harris, DE, Missouri (Intends to apply for early entry)
» Nazair Jones, DT, North Carolina (Junior DT to apply for early entry)
» DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (Kizer intends to enter draft)
» Jerome Lane, WR, Akron (LB-turned-WR announces intentions)
» Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (Reveals draft intentions)
» Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State (Intends to enter draft)
» Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (Swinney says Scott intends to enter draft)
» Damore'ea Stringfellow, WR, Ole Miss (Rebels transfer from UW intends to enter draft)
» Eddie Vanderdoes, DL, UCLA (Redshirt junior intends to enter draft)
» Charles Walker, DL, Oklahoma (Walker leaves team to prepare for draft)
» Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (Swinney says Watson intends to enter draft)
» Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (Swinney says Williams intends to enter draft)

Notable players intending to return to school

» Mason Cole, C, Michigan (Leaning toward returning to UM)
» Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia (Returning to UGA)
» Marquis Haynes, DE, Ole Miss (Staying in school)
» Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State (Intends to stay in school)
» Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa (Expects to stay with Hawkeyes)
» Christian LaCouture, DL, LSU (Orgeron confirms Tigers DL will return)
» Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State (Lazard decides to return for Cyclones in 2017)
» Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (Heisman candidate says he'll stay in school)
» Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (McGlinchey says he's not ready to leave)
» Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (Returning to UGA)
» Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (Staying in school)
» Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M (Aggies safety tweets draft intentions)

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe can't make it in the pro's. dude got beat by every decent player he went up against this year. Won't sadden me a bit if he leaves.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe can't make it in the pro's. dude got beat by every decent player he went up against this year. Won't sadden me a bit if he leaves.
He'll declare and be drafted.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
But, but, but, . . . wasn't he a 5⛤ out of high school?!!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Whatever happened to Artavis Scott? he's leaving early? I don't remember him being very productive. Although I didn't follow Clemson very closely this year. I know that when he went there that was a big loss for us.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Anzalone? The guy is super talented, but he's been hurt for most of his career.. I'd think he's want a full season before going pro.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sharpe is viewed anything from 3rd round to 7th. His position in the pros is RT or guard. No one has him playing left tackle. The biggest criticism of Sharpe is that he's soft. He should stay. If he comes out, he'll be in for a shock.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

He did alright against a few decent ones but he definately was out of shape most of the season and not in good form. He will probably do what a few from UF have done and actually put the work in it takes in the NFL. I hate when these kids get lazy in college.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Anzalone? The guy is super talented, but he's been hurt for most of his career.. I'd think he's want a full season before going pro.

I understand the thought but in Anzalone's case, I think he gains nothing by returning, whether he stays healthy or not. His long list of injuries will have him way down on draft boards, whether he can stay healthy for one year or not. One more year makes him one year older and one extra year for all those injuries to age his body. As much as I would like him to stay b/c I think he is an excellent player, he needs to try and get drafted and get paid for any football his body has left.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He did alright against a few decent ones but he definately was out of shape most of the season and not in good form. He will probably do what a few from UF have done and actually put the work in it takes in the NFL. I hate when these kids get lazy in college.

Great potential and he has yet to capitalize on it. I know it's on the individual but wonder how/if Sommers can/could/would motivate him. Perhaps he just doesn't have it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the thought but in Anzalone's case, I think he gains nothing by returning, whether he stays healthy or not. His long list of injuries will have him way down on draft boards, whether he can stay healthy for one year or not. One more year makes him one year older and one extra year for all those injuries to age his body. As much as I would like him to stay b/c I think he is an excellent player, he needs to try and get drafted and get paid for any football his body has left.

Bingo. He already had shoulder problems to go along with a new broken arm. He's very talented but it's hard to justify using a draft choice on a backer
with injuries like this. It would be like drafting a pitcher with chronic shoulder problems and already have undergone TJ surgery.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Injuries are driving his decision to leave. I agree with you but these kids are just passing through these days

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like Dawson and Harris will be jumping ship also. Next year's defense is going to make that 07 squad look like a national championship caliber defense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bingo. He already had shoulder problems to go along with a new broken arm. He's very talented but it's hard to justify using a draft choice on a backer
with injuries like this. It would be like drafting a pitcher with chronic shoulder problems and already have undergone TJ surgery.

With his natural talent I see a team taking a late round flyer on him, and him possibly making the roster on special teams.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

So he can get injured again? Kid needs to get some money while he can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.