Players say Nuss is fine they just don't run the plays called sometimes

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
David Sharpe is the only offensive player that started every game. At the end of the season we were starting 8 freshmen and sophomores on offense. There was a lack of experience and leadership on offense.

Next year we are returning practically everyone on offense. Hopefully that will translate into veteran players that know the playbook and consistently execute.

The pump is strong with this one...

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Appleby summed up what Mac has been teaching this team in one sentence.

"It’s not a result-driven process".

The day they realize it is absolutely a result-driven process is the day they start winning.

Like I've said many times, Mac seems to think he's coaching pop-warner down at the Y and everyone gets a trophy at the end of the day because the results don't matter. Peanut butter sandwiches and popcorn for everyone after the game.
:butters:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bull. I pay my teen granddaughter to iron my shirts. If I tell her "It's about the process not about getting the
wrinkles out.", you know the ironing results I'm gonna get. Results are paramount. Do it your own special
way (process), yet get the wanted results, well then all is well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I needed the Mac and Nuss interviews to realize they are truly delusional thinking they are heading to something like Bama has because of their "process" and thinking it isnt too bad if most players weren't on the same page during a play.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's both means and ends. Not just ends and not just means. Look at any long term successful company, coach etc

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt those are things that are needed to get our guys to the next level. But dang this staff is so worried about calling it what it is. Nuss is a huge part of that problem. And on the video.....BTW Appleby, your part of the damned process. Throw to the right color jersey.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and Nuss, I need to see you in my office...

Gentlemen, in lieu of the fact the University of Florida has an image, brand and core values that strive for achieving excellence...

youre-fired.jpg

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I remember some coach who did no exercise stuff, just run your routes over and over again. As I said elsewhere you need a combination of things and one is proper execution that might include adjustments in real time that both QB and receiver do the same thing. Not easy but is essential.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm quite confident that any successful process is most certainly results driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.