Please say a prayer for my family...

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry for your loss.

Dropped Stella, my Boston Terrier, off at the vet this morning to be spayed. I know it's a routine procedure, but I am a little nervous.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Very sorry for you and your family. Our pets bring so much joy to us it is very tough to lose them.

We had to put down our dog about 4 years ago. He was a rescue that had been severely neglected. Loved him like a son. My wife just couldn’t go so I had to take him alone. It was horrible. Tears definitely flowed. But in that environment every single person understood.

Peace.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I was never a big animal lover until my kid brought home a lab/pit mix that was six pounds. Had fleas, worms, and Parvo. My free dog cost me $1800 the first week.

About six months later, some ******* stole my dog. I was bat**** crazy that whole week. I knew who did it based on the wife's sleuthing skills. I went to this guys house at 2 am in camo and armed to snoop around to see if I could see her. Nothing. Cops got involved, he got scared and dropped her off in my neighborhood where someone else picked her up. Long story short, we got her back. That was one happy day. The second ******* who picked her up kept her in an outside pen during a tropical storm we had here 3 years ago. She was nasty, but she was home.

I feel you pain man. It sucks and it makes me sick to think about my pain in the ass mutt not being around. She wakes me up every morning wanting her head rubbed. I tried to tell my wife she could wake me the same way, but no joy.

BTW, your wife is pretty hot. :)

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A dog is the only member of the family who will never questions your motives, love you no matter how you treat them, and protect you to the end.
My heart goes out to you and your family.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Sorry for your loss, I do not look forward to the day Hagan leaves us.

Attachments

• Hagan.jpeg
    Hagan.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 56

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've had to put down a few. It's tough. We just go get right back on with the circle of life and get a new puppy. It doesn't make all the sadness go away but it keeps you busy enough to not dwell on it. Wish your fam the best.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
That's terrible to hear Raz. I've got a 13 year basset hound rottweiler mix and I dread the day he passes. He is my shadow when I'm at home and is the best dog I've ever had.

I also just got my 1st lab, they are amazing dogs he basically is my 2nd shadow hea 2 years old. Hes so loyal he comes in the bathroom with me when it's time to do business lol. If I lock him out he sits at the door and whines. Great dogs the labrador bread are so I know it must be hard for you. Will most definitely put you and you're family in my prayers this week. I hate that he dont get to witness us beat #5 LSU that would have been special. Go Gators!!!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It was horrible. Tears definitely flowed.

Each time I have had to do this, I have laid on the floor in the vets office and cradled them while crying my eyes out like a child. I don't see any difference between losing them and losing a human family member. Sometimes its likely harder to lose a dog because they are so close to you and you spend so much time with them. You are your dogs entire life and focus. They would lay down their lives for us. They give us their all. Im certain by the pic above that Triton was very loved and he had a fabulous life. He will be forever grateful and you will always have his memories in your heart. As soon as you can handle it, go find another one....they need us.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
angel-dog-black-white-illustration-260nw-347257079.jpg

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
That sucks, prayers for you and yours. My buddy in Tampa lost his 13 yo golden about 3 weeks ago..........devastated. We have a chocolate and that labra-law is spot on. Only one missing is always take a dump within the first 100 yds of your daily walk, in the Neighbors yard.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
We lost our family pet a few months ago. They really are members of the family. My condolences.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've had to put several down over the years, it's never easy. They are family... Condolences...

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
My condolences Raz. It’s always easy to say “it’s just a dog” until it happens to you and your world collapses.

When we lost our first family dog, it was crushing, he died years too soon. My response was, “Thats it, no more dogs.” Until a few years later my kindergartener had a class project question, What would you buy if you had $100? And he said a dog.

That was 9 years ago, we have two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.