POLL: How many games do you expect us to win next year?

No matter the coach, I just wanted to gauge our expectations for next year . . . Here's the schedul

• 5 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Undefeated!

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
No matter the coach, I just wanted to gauge our expectations for next year . . .

Here's the schedule
Sat, Sep 5New Mexico State Gainesville, FL
TBA

Sat, Sep 12East Carolina Gainesville, FL
TBA

Sat, Sep 19at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky.
TBA

Sat, Sep 26Tennessee * Gainesville, FL
TBA

Sat, Oct 3Ole Miss * Gainesville, FL
TBA

Sat, Oct 10at Missouri * Columbia, Mo.
TBA

Sat, Oct 17at LSU * Baton Rouge, La.
TBA

Sat, Oct 31vs. Georgia * Jacksonville, Fla.
TBA

Sat, Nov 7Vanderbilt * Gainesville, FL
TBA

Sat, Nov 14at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C.
TBA

Sat, Nov 21Florida Atlantic Gainesville, FL
TBA

Sat, Nov 28Florida State Gainesville, FL
TBA

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said nine. Manageable slate, even with Mizzou and LSU back-to-back on the road.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So, before we have any idea who any of the players or coaches are, we're gonna make predictions? Ok...I say we win every game that we score more points than the opponent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think 9 is possible with my orange and blue glasses if we get the right people in. I think the 2nd year will be the drop off year for the new coach.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BM era (before Muschamp) 8 wins was about the worst season we could imagine and I think we should go back to pre BM era. 8 or 9 wins is entirely possible.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I don't see any team on that schedule we can't beat. The two best teams (Miss., FSU) will have new QB's. UGA will have a new QB. LSU's QB's just suck. I actually think the 2 best teams we'll play next year will be UK and UT.

Undefeated!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Call me a optimist, but I see 9-10 Wins. There's 7 I'd favor us in, and among UGA, FSU, LSU and Ole miss I'd put as toss ups. So I'm going to go 10 wins and an SEC east title.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With Belechik as the HBC, Stoops as the DC, and Kelly as the OC it's an easy call....UNDEFEATED BABY!!!

Wake me up when we have a coach.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I chose 8 because it just seemed about right. Anything less than 8 would be un-Gator-patriotic.

Of course, this is just all fun and games conjecture, since, as Sgt Schultz used to say on Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing." (and we all know nothing, as well)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I picked 7.

The obvious games. Then there are a lot of toss ups:

UGA, Missouri (we're 1-2 against them and they're a pretty good football team), Ole Miss (this is an Ole Miss lean), Tennessee (I know...we "own them"...but while you were asleep they've turned their season around and the 5 brand new O-lineman won't be rookies next season), South Carolina, and East Carolina (yes, East Carolina).

We have no clue how this team will rebound next year. To say we win MORE than 7 games is delusional. You might as well call us Vol fans.

GatorTAG;n109886 said:
I don't see any team on that schedule we can't beat. The two best teams (Miss., FSU) will have new QB's. UGA will have a new QB. LSU's QB's just suck. I actually think the 2 best teams we'll play next year will be UK and UT.

Undefeated!

I heard about the "they'll have a new QB" argument this past off-season. Didn't hold much water. LSU's QBs aren't much worse than ours. I'm not sure what you've seen, but TH hasn't proven a thing. Sure, he's better than JD...but who isn't? FSU's back up passed for 305 yards vs. Clemson....and Jimbo Fisher is a great QB coach (3 first round draft picks...w/ Winston being his 4th, when he comes out). I agree w/ you that UT will be one of the best teams we play next year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TheBigClaw;n109904 said:
Call me a optimist, but I see 9-10 Wins. There's 7 I'd favor us in, and among UGA, FSU, LSU and Ole miss I'd put as toss ups. So I'm going to go 10 wins and an SEC east title.

After watching Missouri kick our ass the last 2 years in a row (and hang tough, 14-7 in our 11-2 season) I'm not sure why you'd think they're a given, especially since we travel to their place. They are a very good football team and Pinkel is a pretty damn good coach (doing what he's doing there w/ 2 & 3 star recruits). And how are LSU & FSU toss ups? We travel to LSU and FSU has significantly more talent. If we win those games our new coach will have worked a miracle. This was the year to beat LSU. This was a rebuilding year for them and we let them off the hook. They'll be really, really good next year.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n110100 said:
After watching Missouri kick our ass the last 2 years in a row (and hang tough, 14-7 in our 11-2 season) I'm not sure why you'd think they're a given, especially since we travel to their place. They are a very good football team and Pinkel is a pretty damn good coach (doing what he's doing there w/ 2 & 3 star recruits). And how are LSU & FSU toss ups? We travel to LSU and FSU has significantly more talent. If we win those games our new coach will have worked a miracle. This was the year to beat LSU. This was a rebuilding year for them and we let them off the hook. They'll be really, really good next year.
I forgot to mention Mizzou in the toss up area. How are @LSU and Home against FSU toss ups? True, LSU will be much improved next year and we are on the road at their place, but we will also be heavily improved next year and as we saw this year home field made no difference. With treon or who ever the Qb will be (Could be Grier) they will have another offseason under their belt and I fully expect us and LSU to be even. Now, what has Jimbo done at FSU before Jameis Winston showed up last year? Absolutely nothing, including a loss to WM in 2012 In doak. And even this year they're weak defensively and have no running game besides a dalvin cook run here and there. Now consider this, Jameis is most likely gone this year, the total source of their success. The game is also in Gainesville. I'd definitely say they're toss ups.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TheBigClaw;n110123 said:
I forgot to mention Mizzou in the toss up area. How are @LSU and Home against FSU toss ups? True, LSU will be much improved next year and we are on the road at their place, but we will also be heavily improved next year and as we saw this year home field made no difference. With treon or who ever the Qb will be (Could be Grier) they will have another offseason under their belt and I fully expect us and LSU to be even. Now, what has Jimbo done at FSU before Jameis Winston showed up last year? Absolutely nothing, including a loss to WM in 2012 In doak. And even this year they're weak defensively and have no running game besides a dalvin cook run here and there. Now consider this, Jameis is most likely gone this year, the total source of their success. The game is also in Gainesville. I'd definitely say they're toss ups.

Fair replies other than the FSU comments.

What did Fisher do before Jaimes? He won an ACC championship, went 12-2 and won a BCS bowl game. He's never lost a bowl game in his career (3-0 before Winston). That's nothing? Also, he's developed THREE 1st round QBs (not including Winston). Their backup threw for 305 yards vs. Clemson in his first career start (we haven't had a 300 yard passing game since Tebow!). I don't get the "Fisher can't coach" crowd. The guy won a national title w/ a freshman QB and SIX...count em...SIX brand new assistant coaches! If that's not a coaching job I don't know what is. He's also proven to be a very good CEO (hiring new assistants, recruiting, etc...basically, managing his program as well as you could imagine).

As much as we all hate FSU, saying he can't coach is just stubborn stupidity. He's been there 4 years....took over a train wreck from Bobby Bowden....and turned it around in 2 years (totally turned it around, the first 2 years weren't bad). Losing to our 11-2 football team in 2011 is a bad thing? So did Les Miles, so did Steve Spurrier...two national championship coaches. Muschamp beat THREE NC coaches that year. It happens. Explain how we beat UGA this year?? It happens. It's college football. Fisher is 55-10 in his 5 years there and is about to win his 3rd ACC...and possibly play for another NC. But he can't coach and we're "even" with them? We're so far behind FSU it's not even funny. Go check out their recruiting and tell me again that we're "even". Fisher has never lost to UF in Gainesville, btw. I hate the guy, but I'm not delusional either.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
More games than we won in each of the last two years!

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
88drgator;n110093 said:
It seems appropriate for someone who has "master-baiter" in his avatar to do something entirely premature.
Thank you, I needed a morning chuckle!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With a good staff 8 to 10. There appears to be 3 or 4 tough games as there is every year. ECU in week two will be a good test for the new staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator