POLL: Would you approve of Ron Zook as Special Teams coach?

Would you approve of Ron Zook as ST coach?

• Yes

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think our ST were exemplary under Urban. We blocked and returned kicks regularly. We could use an aggressive face coaching these groups so the we put the best athletes on these groups to get the results that can often be the difference in games.

I’m not an UM nut swinger completely but the ST under his tenure was so good it was almost expected every game
Since he's the best in the business, that's no surprise.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
74 people on this board need the left side of their brain reworked.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My stats say YOU were one of the 74. What are you trying to pull?

First time I've logged in from a computer in a couple days. I'm starting to like the stealth of the Google app.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Since he's the best in the business, that's no surprise.

So who is the best? I am assuming you are referring to UM. If so I concur.

I can’t recall a CFB team with the ability to make such an impact.

I do remember back in the day, quez returning back to back punt returns in the swamp against USCe before they were SEC.... long time ago for me and I’m not sure on the back to back but I was influenced by the spirit of the occasion.

Maybe somebody can re-remember it?

I have taught my kids that if “you block a kick” you’ll win the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law says it all the time and he’s right. Meyer is probably the best special teams coach in history. Anything after him is going to seem inferior.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do remember back in the day, quez returning back to back punt returns in the swamp against USCe before they were SEC....
:what2:

you think Quez played for the Gators before South Carolina join the SEC?

more importantly you think the fact that Spurrier attracted some great receivers who also could return punts means that moRon Zook was a good special teams coach?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law says it all the time and he’s right. Meyer is probably the best special teams coach in history. Anything after him is going to seem inferior.
it's hard to think of anyone who's even a competitor. I guess Virginia Tech through the years has had pretty solid special teams but they were never so dynamic and such game changers.

if there's anyone else that even content for the title, I don't know who it would be.

this coming from a someone as you guys know is not the biggest Urban fan on the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.