POLL: Would you approve of Ron Zook as Special Teams coach?

Would you approve of Ron Zook as ST coach?

• Yes

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, he's been a ST coach for the Packers for four years now. If he sucked, I can only assume they would have fired him by now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fun to say, but I can't see a former HC returning to be STCo. There would be friction at some point and resulting distraction.
Seriously, dude, you have to be kidding. He's a ST lifer at best. Where would you rather rah-rah, Green Bay or Gainesville?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, dude, you have to be kidding. He's a ST lifer at best. Where would you rather rah-rah, Green Bay or Gainesville?
Agreed. I don't think he has the ego to make a peep anymore. He'd probably love to flee that ice world and come back to Florida.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
People, you are not thinking long term.
Or if you are, you should be aware of the possibility of Zook taking over if Mr Mullen runs his course.

I'm just saying think about the future.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Agreed. I don't think he has the ego to make a peep anymore. He'd probably love to flee that ice world and come back to Florida.

Again run it through frat row.....

He’s a dinosaur in my opinion in the coaching industry.

IMO current special teams gurus in college have an advantage over NFL hang on coaches.... especially dudes who went to the altar and had their head removed like him by a frat house.

We need a “block a kick” win a game guy like Urban was. He insisted on it.
We haven’t had that passion since. Our S/T have sucked.... but the Zook ain’t the answer

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Hell I want just to see the reaction of the vocal Mullen haters on here. Zook in Gator gear might send someone over the edge.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Somehow, I don't see it getting better and better :grin:... one dance is enough ole Zooker... look to the horizon, the hell with the rear view mirror!!

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Fun to say, but I can't see a former HC returning to be STCo. There would be friction at some point and resulting distraction.
The guy worked at a Gateway Bank in Ocala. No job, even cleaning one of Mullen’s full shytters, is beneath the Zooker.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Zook has been the ST coach for the Green Bay Packers for 4 years now. Would you be open to him returning to UF in the same position?

Discuss.
I say absolutely not...... But........... If he can promise me that he can get our punt returners to not let the punt hit the ground....ever (unless it is kicked inside the 10) I'll make him the highest paid stco in the history of coordinators.

This is absolutely my biggest gripe with Florida football since Meyer left. This is the reason I come home from games with a hole ripped in my vocal chords. This is why everyone in section 1 of bhg believes i am a lunatic.

Punts that could have been caught, that instead hit the ground, should get the stco and hc fired on the spot.

Last edited:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
People, you are not thinking long term.
Or if you are, you should be aware of the possibility of Zook taking over if Mr Mullen runs his course.

I'm just saying think about the future.
I don't see Stricklin considering Zook taking over, especially at the age of 63.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
I think Ol Ron would coach and recruit well enough but in the, albeit VERY slim case that he is around if/when things go south with the staff I would really hate to see him in a HC position, even if it were simply as an Interim HC. The though of Ronnie being in charge again would be too much for me. I came in to UF undergrad in Spurrier's last years and ended under Zook's. He robbed me of my football joy. Good guy and all but no thanks.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Back away from the cliff! He isnt coming here and he certainly isnt going to be the HC in any form or fashion.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’d be fine with it. But only if he’s 100% committed today. None of this “cleaning the bank through the Bowl season” talk. We need him on board now.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Has anybody actually watched the Packers' special teams since Zook took over? Meh...

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm for anyone who can credibly make ST an actual productive unit again

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Im dusting off the old Fraternity letters and would be ready to throw down with the Zooker on frat row....get the team amped up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.