POLL: Would you use push notifications for Gatorchatter?

Would you use GCMB push notifications on your mobile device?

• Yes / Probably

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No / Probably Not

Votes: 30 81.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like to me once again you bought something you didn't need

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Those involved on social media platforms have all kinds of ways to get notified instantly on their phones when something happens. There is some software now that can do the same for Gatorchatter. Set whatever you want to be alerted for (someone likes your post, a new reply to a thread you are watching, etc), and it will show up instantly on your phone. However, before I attempt to implement it, I want to know if there's a market for it. More and more people are accessing Gatorchatter on their mobile phones - nearly double the amount that were doing so 3 years ago.

So what do you think?

Discuss.
I voted no. That said, there's what people say they'll do or not do, and what they actually do.

Or as marketer I know once said, "Nothing is good or bad, unless testing says it is."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m technically already getting notifications every time I bring up the website on safari. So I’m not sure what platform I would be getting notifications on? Push notifications are only through an app but there is no app for the website. Unless you count tapatalk. But the website is markedly better and I don’t use that app.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I understand some people got a notification for push notifications. Disregard it, no one was supposed to get those.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't use notifications but then again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.