Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Let me put this thread to bed................In the late sixties they came out with Toastems. Poptarts about the same time. None of that fcknnn frosting bllshttt. Toastems had cherry, blueberry and brownsugar cinnamon. AWESOME stuff for breakfast if you doused them in melted butter. They actually put filling in them. Poptarts in that time were like the 3* version with Toastems as a 5*. Fast forward to 2000. Poptarts are ok. Hard to find them without frosting. But they put shttty amounts of filling in them. I do see toastems in Walmart but they Are NOTHING like the ones from the 60s. BTW toaster strudels are a shell of themselves too. They were pretty good years ago but now suck..........much like anything else they have fckkd with to save money
Do you remember the Toastem Animals, the Peanut Butter Buffaloes in particular? Best toaster pastry ever, rich chocolate pastry with peanut butter filling. We got a couple of cases of them in some relief supplies after Camille in '69. I couldn't believe they were given away free. Yyyyyyyuuummmmm. Also got a bunch of Hi-C Citrus Cooler. It was a nasty green color, but it was delicious.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Dont remember the animals but the HI-C was good stuff............you got all that peanut butter choc. pastries cause they would not sell........give me the cherry or strawberry toastems NO FROSTING anytime......

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Publix brand brown sugar cinnamon and strawberry are in the HOF

Question- toasted or “raw”?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Is it acceptable for a grown man to insist that toaster strudels absolutely shove pop tarts into a locker?

dragons den yes GIF by CBC

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You know how awesome it is when you get that one Dorito that is super-coated in cheese dust? Or how disappointing it is when you get that one Cheeto that is so barren of cheese dust that it is light yellow instead of bright orange?

Why don't they make them and sell them the way we like?

They finally got around to making double-stuffed Oreos and that's been a winner.

Question:

Would you pay double for pop tarts with (legitimately) double or more filling?

How about Doritos or Cheetos with (legitimately) double or more cheese dust?

Any other products this would apply to???
Caramel Corn fully coated in caramel? Combos with double the cheese filling? Blue cheese dressing that has a reasonable amount of blue cheese in it? Double caramel Snickers?

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Brown sugar only.
Can they make it without the crust and only a full center piece?

I think this is a back door way of creating a Tuesday favorites thread on a Thursday. :shakehead:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Brown sugar only.
Can they make it without the crust and only a full center piece?

I think this is a back door way of creating a Tuesday favorites thread on a Thursday. :shakehead:
Was it just me, or given that this post immediately followed the Durty/Alex exchange, was anyone else kinda....
Nevermind GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.