88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Quotes from Mac's Monday presser:

"As we put those drives together to kind of get back, the one thing the numbers tell is the third down piece.

Negative plays, the things they create from that standpoint, takeaways, those are things we have to be prepared for and we have to get better in the pass protection piece.

This last game, our numbers had a lot to do with the third-down piece, both not winning on offense and not getting the ball back on defense.

Where does responsibility fall for the lack of tempo: “It’s on me. It’s on me for ultimately not having, from the communication piece, making sure that it’s not too big, right?

Not every play is going to be perfect, but we need to be perfect on those ‘got to have it downs.’ That leads back to the third-down piece, especially against good teams.

On Feleipe Franks: “I think the challenges are, is making sure from a situational standpoint those things, I talked about his growth before, even a week ago in some of those situations, we just need to continue to work on that piece. He’s working on that piece. We’ve got to give him some time to be able to deliver as well. Those are all the pieces that need to come together.

I think at times he goes through with really good command and the flow piece is really good.

We’ve obviously had to use (the tight ends) in protection in that piece as well."

Let me be the first one to tell you this, Coach. They are all Pieces of ****

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s as if he picks a new word each week to overuse. As many of us have said, his inability to speak publicly in an even semi-intelligent manner lends a lot to our on field performance. He isn’t comfortable, confident or in control. Rather he’s totally lost, in well over his head and fighting desperately not to show it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's a hell of a lot of pieces that aren't meshing. Which begs the question I think we all know the answer to......

puzzle-pieces.gif

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like Franks. I'm actually impressed with what I see of him. I think this is another Driskel situation. Driskel was a head case. In the game against UT, before he was pulled for Treon, Tebow said Driskel wasn't even sure about his first read. That's how screwed up Chump made him. He goes to La Tech under Skip Holtz who immediately turns him into a 4k passer. That is all coaching. We could sign the best QB in the country and he'll underperform with this staff. Franks isn't the problem. This staff is.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can already see it coming. A&M kicks our butt with the offense looking like crap again especially the passing game and Mac puts Zaire in for the Georgia game who will then get killed also when they blitz half the time. This is going to start looking like 2011 all over again with the offense.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I doubt that any informed fan of college football thinks that Jim McElwain will get the job done at UF. But UF administration is apparently happy with a state of affairs where week after week Gator Nation is embarrassed by this "deer-in-the-headlights" and clueless coaching wannabe. I am turning my attention to basketball. Go Gators!

Last edited:

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt that any informed fan of college football.thinks that Jim McElwain will get the job done at UF. But UF administration is apparently happy with a state of affairs where week after week Gator Nation is embarrassed by this "deer-in-the-headlights" and clueless coaching wannabe. I am turning my attention to basketball. Go Gators!

The only people that want McElwain at UF is opposing fans and our ignorant administration. I'd say he's lost 90% of the fan base. Which is astounding, because even Chump didn't lose this many supporters this early.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Buckle up folks...he's not going anywhere anytime soon! We have a top 3-5 class for 18 coming in so he'll be here for awhile. :popcorn: Only way he gets canned is if he loses 6 or more games and then the recruiting class falls apart. Idk about y'all but I don't want either of those things to happen because we have serious talent coming in.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Quotes from Mac's Monday presser:

"As we put those drives together to kind of get back, the one thing the numbers tell is the third down piece.

Negative plays, the things they create from that standpoint, takeaways, those are things we have to be prepared for and we have to get better in the pass protection piece.

This last game, our numbers had a lot to do with the third-down piece, both not winning on offense and not getting the ball back on defense.

Where does responsibility fall for the lack of tempo: “It’s on me. It’s on me for ultimately not having, from the communication piece, making sure that it’s not too big, right?

Not every play is going to be perfect, but we need to be perfect on those ‘got to have it downs.’ That leads back to the third-down piece, especially against good teams.

On Feleipe Franks: “I think the challenges are, is making sure from a situational standpoint those things, I talked about his growth before, even a week ago in some of those situations, we just need to continue to work on that piece. He’s working on that piece. We’ve got to give him some time to be able to deliver as well. Those are all the pieces that need to come together.

I think at times he goes through with really good command and the flow piece is really good.

We’ve obviously had to use (the tight ends) in protection in that piece as well."

Let me be the first one to tell you this, Coach. They are all Pieces of ****

WTF DOES ANY OF THIS SHIIT MEAN?? It’s just nonsensical babble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.