Positive news

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Given that a 2 loss team won the BCS 2 team playoff one year, it is pretty stupid to imagine that teams are absolutely eliminted from the BCS 4 team playoff just because they have 2 losses.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given that a 2 loss team won the BCS 2 team playoff one year, it is pretty stupid to imagine that teams are absolutely eliminted from the BCS 4 team playoff just because they have 2 losses.
Who would that be? The Buckeye's lost early to VT, then ran the table to finish 14-1.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see. The word playoff threw me off. I never considered the 2 team BCSCG a playoff. But you make a good point about LSU's 2007 season. It was tougher to get in Championship then, than it is now.
:shocked2:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:surrender:
I'm getting beat up in here. For good reason.
I mean to say that it is easier to get in the playoff now that there is 4 teams, than it was back in 2007 at only 2. I agree with intigator's original statement.

However, the 1st year of the playoff was the 2014 season. It was just referred to as the BCS Championship game before then.
:exactly:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The easiest path for any SEC team to get to the Championship is without a playoff. Win the SEC, go to the Championship game. 2007 is a perfect example where the 2 loss SEC champ went to the title game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I see. The word playoff threw me off. I never considered the 2 team BCSCG a playoff. But you make a good point about LSU's 2007 season. It was tougher to get in Championship then, than it is now.

Yes I know the University presidents did not want to admit they were having a playoff until they had to. But really as soon as you start inviting teams to decide who is the best you have a playoff. Ironically the same reporters not calling the college football 2 team playoff a playoff were happily calling the one game two team playoff in MLB a playoff when two teams tied in the regular season.

The bottom line is there has been a playoff in college football since 1995. Some people just did not want to admit it.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The easiest path for any SEC team to get to the Championship is without a playoff. Win the SEC, go to the Championship game. 2007 is a perfect example where the 2 loss SEC champ went to the title game.
LSU was a the top of the polls early a didn't drop much after their losses. I think if there were other 2 loss SEC champions, they might of been left out of the championship game. Today's format gives a 2 loss SEC a better chance to reach the playoff. They'd have to win an extra game, but that would be better than being ranked 3rd or 4th, and being left out all together.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Since when is a one game championship considered a play-off?:lol:

Well I explained it and including the PR game the university presidents were playing with the semantics in the part you deleted. On the other hand if you want to call up down or down up, I can not stop you.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I explained it and including the PR game the university presidents were playing with the semantics in the part you deleted. On the other hand if you want to call up down or down up, I can not stop you.

For the record, I didn't delete any part of your post. I simply only quoted the last line of it. Perhaps you weren't aware that was possible? If so, I'd be happy to teach you how.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
For the record, I didn't delete any part of your post. I simply only quoted the last line of it. Perhaps you weren't aware that was possible? If so, I'd be happy to teach you how.

I was not complaining about you removing part of my post. I too often remove part of messages when I quote someone. I was merely pointing out the part you removed answered your question.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

That was just a crazy year. Even a 1 loss SEC team would generally be left out if there were 2 power 5 undefeateds under the old system. It just didnt happen hardly those years. With 4 teams a 1 loss SEC Champion is basically a lock for the new playoff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The first round of the playoffs is the first week of December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.