Possible scenario for Gators to win SEC East

Oct 5, 2014
Hypothetical Scenario in which Gators win the 2014 SEC East Championship:

Florida – (Lose to Alabama and Georgia) W-L record 8-3 (6-2 in conference)
Missouri – (Lose to Florida and Texas A&M) W-L record 9-3 (6-2 in conference)
Georgia – (Lose to USCe, Missou, and Auburn) W-L record 9-3 (5-3 in conference)
Kentucky – (lose to Florida, Miss. St., and Missou) W-L record 7-5 (5-3 in conference)
USCe – (lose to A&M, Kentucky, Missou, Florida, and Auburn) W-L record 7-5 (3-5 in conference)
Tennessee – (lose to UGA, Florida, Miss St. and Alabama) W-L record 7-5 (4-4 in conference)
Vanderbilt – (lose all conference games) W-L record 3-9 (0-8) in conference)

Gators are East champs because we own tie-breaker with Missouri!! Gators lose to Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, or Ole Miss in the SEC Championship.

QUESTION: Is Will Muschamp retained as coach of the Florida Gators?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Left Coast Gator;n73143 said:
Hypothetical Scenario in which Gators win the 2014 SEC East Championship:

Florida – (Lose to Alabama and Georgia) W-L record 8-3 (6-2 in conference)
Missouri – (Lose to Florida and Texas A&M) W-L record 9-3 (6-2 in conference)
Georgia – (Lose to USCe, Missou, and Auburn) W-L record 9-3 (5-3 in conference)
Kentucky – (lose to Florida, Miss. St., and Missou) W-L record 7-5 (5-3 in conference)
USCe – (lose to A&M, Kentucky, Missou and Auburn) W-L record 8-4 (4-4 in conference)
Tennessee – (lose to UGA, Florida, Miss St. and Alabama) W-L record 7-5 (4-4 in conference)
Vanderbilt – (lose all conference games) W-L record 3-9 (0-8) in conference)

Gators are East champs because we own tie-breaker with Missouri!! Gators lose to Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, or Ole Miss in the SEC Championship.

QUESTION: Is Will Muschamp retained as coach of the Florida Gators?

0-4 against Georgia might be too much to get him retained by the Bullgators.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think in that scenario we end up keeping him due to the decent record and the excuse of what happened with Harris (especially if we win our bowl). It becomes even more interesting in the exact same scenario, but with a loss to FSU. Has no impact on the fact we would be in Atlanta, but assuming we lose in Atlanta, we would be sitting at 7-5 going in to the bowl game. If we lose the bowl game, we would have won the East, but still finish the year 7-6 and you have to imagine he is canned. But, if we win the bowl, we are 8-5 and have an East title and a bowl win. Lots of crazy scenarios that could occur.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he gets us to an SEC championship game there is no way Foley fires him, but that is a pretty big if. If Driskel can get back to his 2012 self where he doesn't turn the ball over and occasionally makes a play I think we have a shot. Also the defense, and especially the secondary, needs to play the rest of the season like they did versus Tenn. If that happens then we will have a nic year.

That was a lot of ifs.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we win the east there is no way Foley will fire him.
I highly doubt we will win the east if Driskel is our Qb for the remainder of the season.
I expect him to be gone after the UGAy game

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of complicated with some scenarios but we can pretty much kiss the East goodbye if Missouri beats Georgia and we then lose to Missouri.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Driskel will get hurt this Saturday and that will seal our doom and reduce the post count on this board in half!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
1-7 vs FSU & UGA?

GTFO!!! Nice foaming at the mouth guy...just not head coach material. Had a one hit wonder season with starting NFL talent on defense and at DC.

Driskel is broken like Chump.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n73222 said:
I think Driskel will get hurt this Saturday and that will seal our doom and reduce the post count on this board in half!

Driskel is the problem poo poo pants!

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n73152 said:
0-4 against Georgia might be too much to get him retained by the Bullgators.
If there is a L from uga and no sec east championship he is done. If a L against uga but a SEC east champion he's here for another. I don't see any way around it

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n73222 said:

th

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...a grumpy cat sighting

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley gives him another year regardless. It was injuries that gave him latitude last year. It wil be the Treon issue that does it this year.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
O.K. Gator fans, which scenario would you rather have. Would you rather win the SEC East, but lose to Georgia or would you rather lose the SEC East but beat Georgia? Which of these two possible scenarios would you rather see come to fruition? Win the SEC East and beat Georgia is the obvious answer, but let's say it is not an option in this hypothetical.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n73263 said:
O.K. Gator fans, which scenario would you rather have. Would you rather win the SEC East, but lose to Georgia or would you rather lose the SEC East but beat Georgia? Which of these two possible scenarios would you rather see come to fruition? Win the SEC East and beat Georgia is the obvious answer, but let's say it is not an option in this hypothetical.

Beat Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.