Practice 08/06 with Post Practice Video

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n257221 said:
I'm talking literally. Literally climb into their asses and make them play better.

… well, his criticism wasn't tongue-in-cheek.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n257027 said:
I have a feeling Halter will hold his own on the line even when we get into SEC play.

Good, we need to put a Halter on onrushing d-lineman.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n257023 said:
Pittman also ran wrong route in one of the vines I saw with Harris overthrowing him by a mile.
He's a little like John Capel without the speed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n257239 said:
He's a little like John Capel without the speed.

Oh yeah. Remember when we had our yearly "this is the year John Capel will break out" threads?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n257209 said:
It's just nice to see someone actually coach/critique the offense for a change. The players are probably crying themselves to sleep tonight after actually facing some criticism. :lol:
Exactly, we're day closer to some relief and perhaps a better product on the field. Mac gets it. We'll see two things. How bad the last asshat ruined our program and how quickly Mac can fix it.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I would hope that the QB's and receivers have been running drills during the summer so no rust in pitch and catch against air. Perhaps they have not been doing that, and of course if you can't catch against air you really won't be doing much against a real defense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n257008 said:
The gist of what I've seen on twitter:

Grier was the sharper of the two, but Harris looks good as well.
Calloway looked really good.
Scarlett is fast and big.
KT looks to be in much better shape than last year.
Halter and Ivey have gotten the reps at OT.
Worton has put on some good weight.
Pittman has been dropping passes.

Thought I saw that Halter and Sharp were starting at OT (Halter LT and Sharp RT).

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
lagator;n257113 said:
I like the way Mack has them wearing their helmets on the bus and crossing the road. You can't be too careful with this group. Hopefully the "no scooter" policy is in effect as well.

The real safety question is if he is allowing 300 (+) linemen to ride scooters?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
It's nice to see a coach demanding improvement instead of, "Well we're going to evaluate where we're at this week in practice and go from there..."

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
VulcanAlex;n257248 said:
I would hope that the QB's and receivers have been running drills during the summer so no rust in pitch and catch against air. Perhaps they have not been doing that, and of course if you can't catch against air you really won't be doing much against a real defense.
The guys are always a little over-excited and even a bit nervous on a first practice. I'm confident we'll kick airs ass next time.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n257446 said:
I'm confident we'll kick airs ass next time.
ghostbusters-3.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n257110 said:
Fever is gonna be pissed when he reads this :lol:

Grier hasn't looked good at all against the first team defense. I hope I am wrong but I think some of you are getting false hope as he has struggled big time...

We heard this same crap about Driskel who struggled against the top defense in practice also...

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n257087 said:
Pittman couldn't catch the Clap at an FSU sorority party.
That's a good un.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n257241 said:
Oh yeah. Remember when we had our yearly "this is the year John Capel will break out" threads?
I wasn't around at the time but I do remember Spurrier saying something like, "Yeah, that Capel is fast alright but he just kind of runs around out there." This is the same guy that forgot to show up for the finals at the Olympics." Pitman may be smarter but he still can't catch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't doing these guys any favors. Pittman is fast enough and strong. He blocks well. He is physical. He'd probably make a decent corner, maybe safety.

We should have asked him to move on to another team years ago. He was never going to beat out one of our corners but if he had two years to work at a IAA team, he may well have even had an NFL career.

This guaranteed 4 year scholly thing is lethal to both us and the players.

Pumperlaw says this is the year PIttman and Andrades break out.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are some cool vines being posted up on twitter from today's practice. I can't seem to get them to work here on our forum so you'll just have to go check it out for yourself if you're interested. That or somebody smarter than me might be able to share them here. Keanu Neal had an awesome 1 hand interception in the end zone. They're also saying Grier has been by far the best QB in practice today fwiw.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n257209 said:
It's just nice to see someone actually coach/critique the offense for a change. The players are probably crying themselves to sleep tonight after actually facing some criticism. :lol:

... instead of going to sleep fuming in hate that they came to UF due to a red-faced A-hole throwing a temper tantrum right in their face.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
NavetG8r;n257859 said:
There are some cool vines being posted up on twitter from today's practice. I can't seem to get them to work here on our forum so you'll just have to go check it out for yourself if you're interested. That or somebody smarter than me might be able to share them here. Keanu Neal had an awesome 1 hand interception in the end zone. They're also saying Grier has been by far the best QB in practice today fwiw.

I saw it and thought the same. Hopefully we'll be able to do that alot this year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n257822 said:
Pumperlaw says this is the year PIttman and Andrades break out.
I don't believe I know this Pumperlaw fellow - and has he been drinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.