Predicting College Gameday sites for 2016

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Personally, I like the SEC gamday show better. They are predicting UF at Tennessee as our only game this year:

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Predicting-the-College-GameDay-sites-for-2016

It’ll be here before you know it.

College GameDay represents everything great about college football, from passionate fans, to regional flair, tailgating and fun. Rece Davis took over for Chris Fowler last year, and the show didn’t miss a beat.

Herbie, Corso and the crew will be coming to plenty of cities in 2016. Alabama has hosted GameDay the most times (15), followed by Ohio State (14), Florida (12), Michigan (12), Florida State (11) and LSU (11).

Kirk Herbstreit has confirmed Green Bay will host the first episode this year. Given the rest of the sites are picked a week in advance it’s hard to project how teams will perform, but here’s a prediction for each College GameDay site this year.

Week 1 (Sept. 3): LSU vs. Wisconsin (Lambeau Field) - Get ready for cheeseheads.

Week 2 (Sept. 10): Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech (Bristol Motor Speedway) - From one unique location for another. The Week 2 slate is pretty tame, and GameDay at a racetrack would certainly make for a unique setup.

Other possibilities: Arkansas at TCU, Penn State at Pitt

Week 3 (Sept. 17): Ohio State at Oklahoma - College football rebounds with a great slate in Week 3, and the 2014 national champion against a 2015 playoff team is a huge nonconference matchup. The game is on FOX, not ESPN, but that hasn’t stopped GameDay in the past.

Other possibilities: Alabama at Ole Miss, Michigan State at Notre Dame, USC at Stanford, Oregon at Nebraska

Week 4 (Sept. 24): Florida at Tennessee - The Vols have big expectations in 2015 and an 11-game losing streak against the Gators. Can Butch Jones’ team finally get over the hump?

Other possibilities: Oklahoma State at Baylor, Wisconsin at Michigan State, Penn State at Michigan, LSU at Auburn, Georgia at Ole Miss

Week 5 (Oct. 1): Louisville at Clemson - The defending ACC champions host a Louisville team that brings back 19 starters. Last year, the Tigers escaped Louisville with a 20-17 win. These teams will need to bring their own guts.

Other possibilities: Wisconsin at Michigan, Oklahoma at TCU, Tennessee at Georgia, Arizona at UCLA

Week 6 (Oct. 8): Florida State at Miami - It’s a new era in Coral Gables with Mark Richt, and QB Brad Kaaya will give the Canes a chance in every game. FSU has won six straight in this series, and Miami hasn’t beaten FSU at home since 2004 at the old Orange Bowl.

Other possibilities: Washington at Oregon, LSU at Florida, Alabama at Arkansas

Week 7 (Oct. 15): Stanford at Notre Dame - The Cardinal rallied to beat the Irish on a kick as time expired a year ago. Stanford has a very difficult start to the season, but this could have big ramifications on the College Football Playoff. Alabama at Tennessee could also be the option here if the Vols don’t host in Week 4.

Other possibilities: Ohio State at Wisconsin, Alabama at Tennessee, Ole Miss at Arkansas

Week 8 (Oct. 22): Oklahoma at Texas Tech - Red Raiders QB Patrick Mahomes could be a Heisman contender this year, and Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield was last season. Both teams have some important games to get past before this one, but expect a shootout in Lubbock. An SEC site could also be the option here.

Other possibilities: Ole Miss at LSU, Ohio State at Penn State, Texas A&M at Alabama

Week 9 (Oct. 29): Clemson at Florida State - This game has decided the last five ACC Champions. Both teams will likely in position for the College Football Playoff at this point in the year.

Other possibilities: Michigan at Michigan State, Miami at Notre Dame, Florida vs. Georgia (Jacksonville), Baylor at Texas

Week 10 (Nov. 5): Alabama at LSU - You already know what’s up when these two teams get together, but the Tide have won five straight. Can the Tigers make enough plays in the passing game and block well to help Leonard Fournette this time?

Other possibilities: Nebraska at Ohio State, Iowa at Penn State, TCU at Baylor, Oregon at USC

Week 11 (Nov. 12): Michigan at Iowa - There’s a chance both teams could enter this game undefeated. The Hawkeyes are out to make up for last year’s 0-2 finish to the season and prove they’re for real, and Harbaugh brings plenty of attention.

Other possibilities: LSU at Arkansas, Baylor at Oklahoma, LSU at Arkansas, USC at Washington, Stanford at Oregon

Week 12 (Nov. 19): Ohio State at Michigan State - This matchup has hosted College GameDay for four straight years, in East Lansing twice, Columbus and Indianapolis. The Buckeyes’ winning streak and repeat national title hopes were dashed by MSU’s backup QB’s last year. Those same QB’s lead the Spartans this year.

Other possibilities: Virginia Tech at Notre Dame, USC at UCLA, Stanford at Cal

Week 13 (Nov. 26): Michigan at Ohio State - Urban Meyer handed Jim Harbaugh some humility in Ann Arbor a year ago. This year, the Big Ten East (and more) may be on the line in Columbus.

Other possibilities: Notre Dame at USC, Auburn at Alabama, Florida at Florida State

Week 14 (Dec. 3): SEC Championship Game (Atlanta)

Other possibilities: Big Ten Championship Game, ACC Championship Game

Week 15 (Dec. 10): Navy vs. Army (Baltimore) - GameDay has gone here for the past two years, and it’ll be great to see this continue.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I quit watching it a couple of years ago. Used to be a fun way to spend Saturday morning while waiting on noon kick-offs, but it went south...fast.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I quit watching it a couple of years ago. Used to be a fun way to spend Saturday morning while waiting on noon kick-offs, but it went south...fast.

Agree. Lee Corso's schtick is so played, the show is nearly unwatchable. They also have that redneck, NASCAR dude on too much (doing interviews or special reports) and he sounds like a stereotypical biscuit headed Alabama fan!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. I havent really watched in years. I'll flip to it every once in awhile, but I have to turn the channel quickly.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. I havent really watched in years. I'll flip to it every once in awhile, but I have to turn the channel quickly.

I agree completely plus they rarely go where the big games are anymore. Instead they go wherever Herbstreet is working which amazingly ends up being in the Big Ten or Big Twelve

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Fowler leaving was pretty much the end of that show for me.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't give the mainstream media any additional time in my life. Tune in the game, watch it, then turn the drivel off.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I DVR both shows and fast forward to the gator highlights and then hit delete to free up space for the game to record. It has gotten to point where I can't stand coral and his slurred speech from his stroke a few years ago and Desmond's stupidity and then there is Herbie and his Gator bashing. Almost unwatchable. Almost...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It used to be a ritual for us (me, my father and brother in law) to all get up at the crack of dawn to start "home tailgating" and watch Gameday at 7a. PST. Not anymore. It has been horrid for about 5 years now and that's not just because Gator Football went south.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.