Presidential Beatdown Corona Crush!

If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• divits

• aka

• BNAG8R

• PastyStoole

• Jbossgator8

Results are only viewable after voting.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Based on appearance Millard has that look of i don't care im a pyscho. Garfield looks like he cares about physical appearance and what people think. You can't base it on a beard lots of hipsters have beards and need safe places.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@oxrageous athletic info on President Obama:

He was really athletic, ran good, jumped good,” says Zinn, who left coaching about 20 years ago and is a partner in an Orange County sales agency. “He wasn’t a great outside shooter. In basketball terminology, he was kind of a slasher. He was left-handed. He went left well, didn’t go right that well.

Indeed, as his legacy shows.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alright, everyone, let's get this party started again! Time for the Ford Region, first fight up is Buchanan and Adams! Debate in the chatbox!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
fillmore-baldwin.jpg

Millard sure looks like a Baldwin...or vice versa

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PLAY IN ROUND RESULT: BUCHANAN -vs- ADAMS

Judges scorecards, and based on punchcount technology, Adams outscored Buchanan 1-0. There was a slight controversy, in that the rules had to be reviewed to determine if pissing yourself was grounds for disqualification (which is what Adams did, after landing his one and only punch). Pissing yourself is not a disqualifiable offense, and so

ADAMS Wins.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PLAY IN ROUND RESULT: GARFIELD -vs- FILMORE

In the most controversial bout of the tournament so far, the Garfield/Filmore was the first with any real action. Filmore started strong, using his “psycho” looks to intimidate Garfield, but when Garfield got in his first solid shot, Filmore started to go on defense, running away. Despite that, the judges declares

FILMORE the winner................BUT WAIT!!

In a stunning bit of drama, the judges went back to their scorecards, and actually removed a point awarded to Filmore based on a head butt that was originally credited to Millard, and as a result of that exchange

GARFIELD was named the winner of the bout!

Bait ‘n Gator was crushed.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The next fight up - FDR -vs- Herbert Hoover. Let’s get the discussion going, and we’ll have the fight later tonight if the chatbox has enough participants!

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
FDR vs Hoover....I'm going with Hoover

"To keep Hoover physically fit, White House physician Admiral Joel T. Boone developed a game played by the president and his staff each morning on the south lawn of the White House in which teams of two to four players threw a 6-pound medicine ball over an 8-foot-high net. Dubbed “Hooverball” by a New York Times reporter in 1931, the sport was played on a court similar to tennis and scored the same with the exception being that the ball was thrown instead of hit with a racket. “It required less skill than tennis, was faster and more vigorous, and therefore gave more exercise in a short time,” Hoover wrote in his memoirs. A national Hooverball championship is held in Hoover’s birthplace of West Branch, Iowa, each year."

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fight-in fight between Trump and Barry won't last one round, Trump wins with a TKO when he swings and misses, but Barry goes down and curls up in the fetal position for the count out.

This was actually amazingly accurate.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
FDR wins. At least he played some sports when he was young. Hoover got stuck in the mud while crossing the street. Nuff said.

Of course, FDR would get stuck in the mud in his wheelchair, but we said at their "peak" physical condition.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
van buren.jpg
Van Buren

I found a new sleeper in this battle royal. Not only is he astoundingly good looking but he's also who pops up when you google "president responsible for trail of tears". A pretty remarkable accomplishment if you ask me.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Van Buren

I found a new sleeper in this battle royal. Not only is he astoundingly good looking but he's also who pops up when you google "president responsible for trail of tears". A pretty remarkable accomplishment if you ask me.

:backout:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Van Buren

:lmao:

I mean....

:ox:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Van Buren

:lmao2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Neither FDR nor Hoover were really skilled in athletics, but FDR was a bigger man in general in his peak days. Plus he had a HUGE head. I think any punch to that melon would render the puncher useless for a few moments while their hand throbbed in agony. FDR could use the delay to get in a few counterpunches to seal the deal. Hoover was a soft body candy ass.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I posted this in the box yesterday but I'll reiterate here.

Some of these 18th and 19th century guys were tougher than shoe leather. They grew up hard. Washington was a physical specimen, a marvel for the time. He was very tall, standing over 6', big hands and big feet, and his physical strength was legendary. He was a soldier and surveyor. That means he went into uncharted territory for months on end sleeping in the dirt, finding his own food, and dodging hard-eyed Indians (sorry BNA). He was personally brave as well as demonstrated by his war service (I'm talking about the French and Indian War). That's a different kind of toughness from Truman serving in WWI or even Ford playing college football.

Earlier in this thread, somebody slammed William Henry Harrison as being too highly ranked because he died shortly after his inauguration. Read about the man's life as an Indian fighter (sorry BNA). Indians were really, really good at bushcraft and warfare so you better be damn good to go after them in their backyard. He fought in the War of 1812 and in several battles against the Indians. This wasn't like Ike invading Normandy. If he was beaten, he likely would have been killed or captured, tortured first, then killed. In ambush fights in the woods against Indians, you rarely got off more than one musket shot. You couldn't stand around a reload. So after that first shot, it was usually hand-to-hand--swords, bayonets, fists, knives, maybe a pistol. He wasn't in the front lines of these battles, but he was close and there was a direct threat to his life. He wasn't a big man, 5'8", but that was good size for the time. His war experience was far tougher than what Grant experienced in the Civil War (though Grant also served in the Mexican-American War too). Zachary Taylor was another Indian fighter (sorry BNA) who was known as a good wrestler.

These older guys didn't have hot and cold running water. They didn't have toilet paper. They didn't have central heating and air. They didn't have supermarkets.

Andrew Jackson was scrawny but tall. He was tough as hell. He's known for pistol duels but he was a brawler too. He fought a lot. Lincoln was scrawny but even taller than Jackson. He was an excellent wrestler in part due to his condition. He was abnormally tall and rangy with very large hands and feet. When he did lose his first wrestling match, it was his last. He never wrestled again.

WWII JFK was scrawny too. He was a great swimmer though, had lots of endurance. George HW Bush was a tall scrawny one in WWII as well. These guys were good athletes but they didn't grow up as hard as some of those older dudes. There is a survivor mentality, a never-give-up toughness that some of those frontier guys had that I wouldn't want to fight them.

I think Sas did a GREAT job of seeding. A lot of work went into it and it shows. No glaring errors.

TR totally deserves a 1 seed but he had health issues as a kid. Asthma and bad eyesight. That's why he took up exercise, boxing, and went west in the first place. He was mocked as a tenderfoot from back east but he quickly earned their respect. Washington and Lincoln are also no-brainers. Ford not only played football at Michigan, he was damn good AND he boxed. TR boxed. Nixon and Reagan played college football too. Ike played football. Lots boxed and wrestled. Grant was short but a very good wrestler. Taft was big and an excellent wrestler. Washington threw dudes even after he was a general.

My top three are Washington, Lincoln, and TR (in no particular order). After that it gets tricky.

Really looking forward to this.

Alex.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PLAY IN ROUND RESULT: FDR -vs- HOOVER

Some decent debate until FDR in his peak picture showed up, and then it was clear that Hoover had no chance. Brad turned ghey when seeing hunky FDR. In our most one-sided bout yet, FDR beat the crap out of Hoover.

Literally. Hoover crapped himself from the beat down. FDR is now officially “Cinderella”

FDR Wins in a rout!

i94CW8m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator