Projecting records for 2017

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Found this interesting. They have us going 8-4 and coming in second to the Dwags in the East.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

College football: Projecting the 2017 records of all 130 FBS teams

https://usat.ly/2wAUFUA

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They basically have us losing to Mich, FSU, and likely UGA and LSU based on the way they finish im those predictions. I wouldn't be surprised by that

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They basically have us losing to Mich, FSU, and likely UGA and LSU based on the way they finish im those predictions. I wouldn't be surprised by that
Nor would I. What would your opinion of Mac be if he lost to 3 of our 4 rivals?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Throw in a loss to UK and that's my prediction.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nor would I. What would your opinion of Mac be if he lost to 3 of our 4 rivals?
same as it is now. It is still in the show me stages.

I think we do lose to mich and fsu, but i am not sold that we lose the other two, of course I am not sold we wim them either.

I need to see progress, significant progress on the offensive side. All 4 of those teams have the potential to be some pretty darn good teams. We need to show we can get things done moving the ball against them...I don't like it, but seeing what we have coming in recruits, I wouldn't be torn up if we lost all 4, but all 4 were close...if we get embarrased in any of them...well...let's rehash this convo then :lol:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If we lose to those 4 things aren't going to be pleasant for Mac next offseason. In my opinion we need to beat at least 2 of those 4/win every other reg season game/bowl game for me to consider it a successful season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Vegas says four and a half. You say four, yet you go crazy when anyone says 5 losses?

You are such a tool bag sometimes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vegas says four and a half. You say four, yet you go crazy when anyone says 5 losses?

You are such a tool bag sometimes.
i said 2 to 4.
2 for sure.
This thread is entirely about what ifs
Sorry you can't read. ;)

I guess saying "noted" makes me a tool bag, so then you saying we could lose 6 or 7, well, I guess that makes you Arnie Grape :lol2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't expect anything better than 8-4. I know Mac will be back for 2018, so I'm just hoping we can show enough improvement on offense to hold this class together and build for the future.
Man, how my expectations have dropped over the past decade.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If we can come out and beat Michigan, I could see the possibility of us having that 10-2 season. We have a tough schedule, but most of them at home. Realistically I can only see us being around 8-4, just too uncertain about the ability of the defense to stop the power running teams we'll face and got to see a functional offense to believe it. The defense does have a 2007 defense feel to me, hopefully that means they'll be back to being elite next year. Give me a win over the Noles and I'd be happy with 8-4.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we lose to those 4 things aren't going to be pleasant for Mac next offseason.
Why? he's lost four games in each of the last two years and people act like he's a saint who is a real over achiever. Do you really think those same people are going to do anything other than say its another brick by brick rebuilding year, just wait for 2020 and 2021?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I don't care what any of these preseason polls/projections are because none of the people that make these watch the program as closely as we do. Many people here are confident in this years team and should be. I'm tired of everybody seemingly in the media picking against florida in the Micghigan game. They lost 18 starters. Nobody is giving us a shot in that game. IMO, our guys will use that as motivation and come out with the win.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I think we split those, beating Michigan and LSU.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anything with less than 9 wins with the schedule we have is a disappointment. We get the UToothless, LSU, and Seminholes at home this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.