Proposed changes

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Eliminate the analyst position. Make the on field assistants do the actual scouting/game-planning.

Set a ceiling on recruiting budgets.

Eliminate ESD. Go back to one signing day only.

This is heading in the right direction.

I think the "analysts" and "quality control" positions should be limited (i.e. no more than 10 per team or any number agreed upon). Then you limit the number of other staffers for recruiting, video, player development, "assistant AD for...." etc. If the NCAA can limit the number of "on-field" coaches they should also be able to limit these things.

Next: the "Cost of Attendance" stipend needs to be the same across the board. It's complete bullsh*t that it is arbitrary and any school can set it at whatever they want (by assessing/setting their own "costs"). It should be half of what a Pell Grant is (or something along those lines).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You wanna take Bama down a notch? Make them hire Butters back as OC....ah the good old days when they used to only score 17-20 points a game despite having a huge talent advantage.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You wanna take Bama down a notch? Make them hire Butters back as OC....ah the good old days when they used to only score 17-20 points a game despite having a huge talent advantage.

It's funny you say that. On cfb radio last week they were discussing the supposed "Alabama/Clemson fatigue" and that was one of the points one of the guys made. He talked about the difference being the excitement of both offenses, and said "this isn't 2011 Alabama". Nice shot at McElwain and his incompetence.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It's funny you say that. On cfb radio last week they were discussing the supposed "Alabama/Clemson fatigue" and that was one of the points one of the guys made. He talked about the difference being the excitement of both offenses, and said "this isn't 2011 Alabama". Nice shot at McElwain and his incompetence.
That's redundant. Any shot at Butters is a shot about his incompetence.......

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am old school.

I'd like more scholarships not less. I think if there are more males playing football the school should be able to award extra academic scholarships to females to cover the differences. Not just create “Women Sports Teams”

I’d like the old Athletic Dorms brought back…with bed checks.

I think if you make the team, you should at least get a Dorm, Meals and Tuition.

Saban is just good. He has a system that works. Don’t forget, the Bear Bryant’s and Saban's of the world don’t come around that often…He’ll be gone and someone, somewhere else will take his place.

If you want to compete with the Power Teams then you need to buy in…otherwise drop down to a different division.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am old school.

I'd like more scholarships not less. I think if there are more males playing football the school should be able to award extra academic scholarships to females to cover the differences. Not just create “Women Sports Teams”

I’d like the old Athletic Dorms brought back…with bed checks.

I think if you make the team, you should at least get a Dorm, Meals and Tuition.

Saban is just good. He has a system that works. Don’t forget, the Bear Bryant’s and Saban's of the world don’t come around that often…He’ll be gone and someone, somewhere else will take his place.

If you want to compete with the Power Teams then you need to buy in…otherwise drop down to a different division.

Those are all fine recommendations/suggestions...but Title IX is alive and well. So, realistically, more scholarships and athletic dorms ain't happenin.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Those are all fine recommendations/suggestions...but Title IX is alive and well. So, realistically, more scholarships and athletic dorms ain't happenin.

As for Title IX, is it to give more Females the opportunity to go to college OR to create more “Women Sports”? What is its function?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As for Title IX, is it to give more Females the opportunity to go to college OR to create more “Women Sports”? What is its function?
Fairness and all that feel good stuff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, does it matter as long as you give the same amount of scholarships?

It's supposed to work that there are an equal number of woman on athletic scholarship as men - which is complete bullsh*t when you count football. That's why we have woman's lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, & gymnastics w/ no men's equivalent. Also, woman's basketball & softball get more scholarships per team than the men's equivalent.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's supposed to work that there are an equal number of woman on athletic scholarship as men - which is complete bullsh*t when you count football. That's why we have woman's lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, & gymnastics w/ no men's equivalent. Also, woman's basketball & softball get more scholarships per team than the men's equivalent.

I understand but are they wanting women athletes or women scholarships?

It’s a fact, more men play sports than women. Why not give women “PE” scholarships? Women Sports Journalist? Women Sports Finance?

And what about the Transgender crowd?

I think it's BS that Softball gets "Full Rides" but Baseball only gets "partial".

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I understand but are they wanting women athletes or women scholarships?

It’s a fact, more men play sports than women. Why not give women “PE” scholarships? Women Sports Journalist? Women Sports Finance?

And what about the Transgender crowd?

I think it's BS that Softball gets "Full Rides" but "Baseball only gets "partial".

They want 100 men on scholarship and 100 woman. They want it equal. This is a losing battle in the world we live in. IMO, they should not count any sport that generates an income. If a school like Troy loses money on football then they should have to count football in their Title IX numbers....meaning they need to have more woman's sports than men's. But a UF or LSU or Alabama should be able to add men's soccer, volleyball, wrestling or whatever (by not counting the 85 football scholarships). But that's just a dream. The main reason football went to 85 scholarships was Title IX - not "fairness" or anything else related to the sport.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
No changes are required as far as I am concerned. Now the rules need to be applied the same for all.

Chief nailed it!

Although I don't really care if any changes are made for "equity" sake I do believe that the current system allows the rich to get richer and enables the opposite of equity.

If you win 6 or more games then you're bowl eligible. This gives your team MORE practice time, more money, more visibility and more recruiting opportunities than the other teams that sucked and couldn't win 6 games.

By the way, in case I'm not clear here, FSU didn't win six games. They suck.

To clarify, FSU sucks.

That is all.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I thought starting last year it was a hard cap at 25 no ******** counting back or not counting early enrollees just 25 and get it right. Turns out I was wrong, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, football today is a different game than the 70 and 80s. Everyone is protected it might as well be touch. I'm talking about across the board changes not just one team.

The ticket price and interest is down. They are going to have to figure something out because this sport is dying. Blame a liberal?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am old school.
I'd like more scholarships not less.
Yes. The numbers have been falling for decades. We don't need the Lulliputian colleges of the world demanding that talented kids be forced to go to geographic schools.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Your'e killin' me

I figure if the admissions requirements are higher, you'll get more "student-athletes" who really are students and not just players looking for the best chance of getting to the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator