Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
COVID?

What is ailing him?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Thats awful, prayers for him and his family.

Rumor is anesthesia complications from a shoulder surgery, don't know if thats true or not. If it is there are only a few things that I can think of that could have happened as complications are rare, especially for a healthy young adult.

1) Hypotension decreasing blood flow to brain while in beach chair position (sitting up)
2) Malignant hyperthermia. When exposed to anesthetic gases or a paralytic called Anectine, an extremely small portion of the population has a defective gene and will react with extremely high temperatures (108+), tachycardia, acidosis, etc.
3) Blood Clot/embolus
4) Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity. Shoulders typically get an interscalene nerve block, I've never seen one have this complication, but if a large dose of anesthetic was injected into the vasculature or spinal cord instead of the surrounding tissue/nerves, the patient would be in a life threatening crisis involving seizures, arrythmias including bradycardia, hypotension, and even cardiac arrest.

If it put him in the ICU my guess would be either 2 or 4.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He needs a stadium full of prayers ... hope for a full return to a healthy body and mind.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’ve seen elderly people suffer and even die from anesthesia - but trouble came after several surgeries in a short time frame, not one.

God bless and heal him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jesus.
@CJ_Clarke1: I’m really lost for words on this whole situation. My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the friends and family of Robbie. May the Lord help you find peace in this trying time

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator