QB recruiting

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This quote tells a lot. Think about the number of kids we've had transfer the last several years (not all were top 50 QBs, but the point is taken - in the article): Grier, Driskel, Murphy, Brissett, Morningshine, Staver, etc.

Stewart Mandel on QB attrition:I looked at four full classes of the top 50 quarterbacks. One hundred of the 200 finished their career at a different school from where they started. It’s high among the four- and five-star guys. Blake Barnett is a good example. Went through the Elite 11 circuit, got the accolades, spent two years committed to Alabama, gets beat out by Jalen Hurts and he’s gone. The days of Miami stockpiling quarterbacks, Florida State, waiting until their fourth or fifth year to get the job, it just doesn’t happen anymore. Guys expect to start within the first couple years. The numbers say that’s impossible, obviously. Only about 20 percent do. Even some of the ones that do, like Kyle Allen, end up transferring. It’s a constant churn out.”

---

I remember the 90s when Miami & FSU always had a stud QB waiting and they were literally redshirt Juniors (Charlie Ward was a RS Jr). I think it wasn't until Chris Rix that FSU had a non-Jr QB start after 4-5 in a row.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's the beauty of signing QBs that no Div 1 or Div 2 team wanted!!!! No chance for them to transfer out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Briles at Baylor always had an upper class man ready to go too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The transferring to easier schools to start at might have started affecting the number but I remember one time seeing a stat that only 20% or so of the top 10 rated high school QBs were eventually becoming what most people considered good starting college QBs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The transferring to easier schools to start at might have started affecting the number but I remember one time seeing a stat that only 20% or so of the top 10 rated high school QBs were eventually becoming what most people considered good starting college QBs.

See the Spurrier recruiting story thread on what he said about QBs panning out. We should sign at least 3 every 2 years....at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator