Votes: 32 29.4%

• Total voters

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Raise your hand if you were one here last year saying "Bring on Franks!" And "Anyone but LDR!"

And "Bring on LDR! Anyone but Treon!"

Raise em high. Dont make me look in the archives. It will only be worse if I have to quote you.
As bad as ldr was, he was better than treon. It wasn't even that close, dude.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That was bs. He didn't score, but they did it on both sides. Several times Trash had a DE with both hands on him, then threw, ruled completed pass.

Ox said they both are trash in the box at half. He was right. Frankly, if you don't look much better than a Div 3 Houston Baptist scout squad player, you aren't anywhere close to being ready.

I SAID he wasn't ready last year, and, franksly, he isn't any more ready this year. But Mullinz obviously thinks he is and that his running ability is enough to ride that horse for a month or two. I hope EJ develops quickly and Jaylin is ready quickly as an emergency QB too.
So you're saying that Trask can complete passes with the defense hanging on him?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks looked just as bad to me as ge did during the year. But what bothers me the most is that there's no accountability. Now, I'm not saying he owes me anything. I'm saying he promotes himself and acts like we won 12 games last year and ge threw for 4k yards. I would like to hear how hungry someone is and how embarrassed they are. I'd to see more TJ Mccoys and less Feleipe Franks type of personalities.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you're saying that Trask can complete passes with the defense hanging on him?
When they aren't allowed to knock the fvkk out of him. That's why they should have been allowed to knock the middle school out of him... same for Franks.

You can run the spread option? Prove it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Raise your hand if you were one here last year saying "Bring on Franks!" And "Anyone but LDR!"

And "Bring on LDR! Anyone but Treon!"

Raise em high. Dont make me look in the archives. It will only be worse if I have to quote you.

Don't think I did but I can't say that I could blame anyone for saying it. When you see that what you've got isn't working common sense would dictate giving the next guy a try. Kinda' the way I feel right now about Franks. He ain't it and he never will be. Give Trask a try. If he ain't it give Jones a try. If he ain't it give Toney a try. If he ain't it give f**king Albert a try.

Since "attempting to bring someone along slowly" has failed miserably for 8 years I think its time to shake things up. We have nothing to lose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as ldr was, he was better than treon. It wasn't even that close, dude.
Yeah........ and your point is? You guys were screaming for Franks and telling us Anyone but LDR just a few short months ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since "attempting to bring someone along slowly" has failed miserably for 8 years I think its time to shake things up. We have nothing to lose.
We havent brought anyone along slowly. Weve played freshmen every year since Brantley and every damn one looked like Dwagshyt and werent ready to be on the field. That is the point.

Could some of them developed if they had time and didnt have their confidemce destroyed immediately?

Good teams dont or rarely play freshmen QBs. It is one of the many reasonsnwe arent a good team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah........ and your point is? You guys were screaming for Franks and telling us Anyone but LDR just a few short months ago.
Yeah, we wanted to see if he was better. We knew ldr sucked. I'd like to know for sure that trask is worse than Franks.Hell, I'd like to know for sure jaawan Taylor is worse than franks before i see him stroll out there again. Our qb situation is sadder than I've ever seen. I don't think trask looked great, serviceable would be a real reach ,honestly. But Franks looked like trainwreck. And for the life of me, why in the hell is Toney not getting any reps at qb?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We havent brought anyone along slowly. Weve played freshmen every year since Brantley and every damn one looked like Dwagshyt and werent ready to be on the field. That is the point.

Could some of them developed if they had time and didnt have their confidemce destroyed immediately?

Good teams dont or rarely play freshmen QBs. It is one of the many reasonsnwe arent a good team.
I agree. Jones threw the ball only 12 times a game in highschool and i don't think he played in a high classification. I don't wanna ruin him if we can help it . I also don't think I'll watch another season of Franks at qb.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. Jones threw the ball only 12 times a game in highschool and i don't think he played in a high classification. I don't wanna ruin him if we can help it . I also don't think I'll watch another season of Franks at qb.
Look, I dont want to see Franks out there all year either, and Id rather see Jones, the only QB with the skillset to play Mullinz offense. I was hoping to see him nearly ready. He isnt so far but it has only been 14 practices.

I just couldnt keep from responding to the assertion that we have been bringing QBs along slowly.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Redshirt freshmen. There's a huge difference. Lot's of teams have lots of success with redshirt freshman. And Georgia and Bama don't seem to have a problem starting true freshmen. They're pretty good teams. Sure, I'd love to have a kid sit for a year or two to percolate, but we don't and haven't had that luxury for quite a while.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Danny Wuerffel was mostly terrible as a redshirt freshman. He had a noodle arm, wasnt tall, and ran like a two legged giraffe, mayne a one legged one. Obviously, not every redshirt freshman that struggles becomes a Heisman...

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Felipe Franks just got done with his 3rd spring practice yet he's just a redshirt freshman.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When Mullen was at Mississippi State he offered Jones a scholarship. He likes Jones' playing style, his personality, and his other intangibles. There is not going to be much more development with Franks and Traske. Jones is about what Mullen wants to build here. Get ready for Jones.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...many-high-profile-recruiting-wins-for-florida

Hope so. He also offered Franks.

My disappointment from Saturday is that Franks didn’t look like he’s taken a step forward in his development. There has been the predictable fluff about how hard he’s working and studying the playbook. (He does have the interview cliches down pretty good.)

So to whatever extent that is true, I didn’t see a guy who learned a lot from a hard first season playing, for whom the game is slowing down, who is benefiting from the simplified reads of the offense etc.

I’m not buying Trask. I listened to a post game interview and he sounds like a good kid. But he mentioned how the offense is like “what we ran in high school.” Great. It’s familiar. But HE DIDN’T RUN IT IN HIGH SCHOOL. He sat on the bench because his high school had a better QB. And when he did get into games HE DIDN’T RUN.

Think about that. Every HS QB runs when a play breaks down and plays break down a lot.

And he wasn’t good enough for the coach to design things around him. So unless he’s a very rare late bloomer, he’s not a viable answer. I’d love to be wrong.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The bad int was tipped.
He also was late on a short out that was dropped by the DB and it would have been a pick 6. But I'm OK with a Freshmen doing that. What I'm not ok with is seeing guys(Franks & Trask) continue to throw late almost very time and hold the ball way too long. Truth is Jones may have a better chance of correcting some of his mistakes by fall or slightly into next season. I just don't see the other 2 doing that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Felipe Franks just got done with his 3rd spring practice yet he's just a redshirt freshman.
He is. And by the way, your boy Mullinz was the one who made that point. I had forgotten myself.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

My disappointment from Saturday is that Franks didn’t look like he’s taken a step forward in his development. There has been the predictable fluff about how hard he’s working and studying the playbook. (He does have the interview cliches down pretty good.)

So to whatever extent that is true, I didn’t see a guy who learned a lot from a hard first season playing, for whom the game is slowing down, who is benefiting from the simplified reads of the offense etc.

I’m not buying Trask. I listened to a post game interview and he sounds like a good kid. But he mentioned how the offense is like “what we ran in high school.” Great. It’s familiar. But HE DIDN’T RUN IT IN HIGH SCHOOL. He sat on the bench because his high school had a better QB. And when he did get into games HE DIDN’T RUN.

Think about that. Every HS QB runs when a play breaks down and plays break down a lot.

And he wasn’t good enough for the coach to design things around him. So unless he’s a very rare late bloomer, he’s not a viable answer. I’d love to be wrong.

There are still people out there who want a drop-back passer and a coach who will install the Steve Spurrier style of offense. But those days are gone. Mullen wants a running quarterback in the style of Dak Prescott or Nick Fitzgerald or Tim Tebow. That is who Mullen is. That is the way the game has evolved. I'm not buying Trask either because I don't think he is leadership material. The game is now to have a running quarterback who can throw, but a quarterback who can run just seems to have a more aggressive take charge attitude than a pure drop back pocket passer at least in the college game. Again, like you, if I'm wrong then fine. That's just my thinking and opinion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

With the limited experience of all three, late bloomer could mean who's practicing best in the hours just before the opener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.