Question about Kelly

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If he has more than 2 losses in any given year, including his first, then he needs to GTFO.

Last edited:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Turnaround should start right away, that doesn't mean undefeated seasons but a sign the team is getting better, we didn't see that with the last 2 coaches.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Do I anticipate the upcoming game with enthusiasm or dread it watching it will be a good indicator (ie, as others- progress).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is really about him showing progress... If Mac had showed progress on offense this year then he probably would have not received death threats and gotten fired...

I think if fans believe we are becoming a title team.. that is the key.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It is really about him showing progress... If Mac had showed progress on offense this year then he probably would have not received death threats and gotten fired...

Mac didn’t receive any death threats. :facepalm:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac didn’t receive any death threats. :facepalm:

That was meant more as a joke, but I guess it didn't come across that way... I don't think he actually got death threats.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It starts with this years recruiting class. Need to address ALL the needs.

Then the O&B Game. Need to see consistent drives from the O and some hard hitting from the D.

Game 1: Charleston Southern : Need to see the line on both sides playing physical and dominating (ie S&C work over Spring and Summer). D tackling should be much improved. Special Teams need to look like someone coaches them.

Game 2: Kentucky : Need to see consistency in the O, the D and special teams.

Game 3: Colorado State : Should dominate.

The rest of the season ... show progress. (be competitive, win one against "better" team)

It doesn't have anything to do with Ws or Ls. It's how we get the Ws and Ls.

Oh... and beat the snot out of uGA.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Define turned around?
Our competition sucks. We easily could have been 9-2, 10-1 this season if we had any competency on the coaching staff and a few less injuries just because that's how bad everyone else is. Once again we will only have two challenging games next year, UGA and FSU.
So the question is when can we compete with those two. The Fisher magic may have worn off at halF aSs U. And UGA is wait and see. We beat UGA we get back to Atlanta. Can we compete? Defense is gonna be a struggle.
I mostly agree, but LSU is never going to be a gimme. They just went toe to toe with Bama with single digit QBR play.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Do I anticipate the upcoming game with enthusiasm or dread it watching it will be a good indicator (ie, as others- progress).
How excited are any of us for this next game? And yet it is a game we actually have a shot at winning. There is no where to go but up. Plus Chip Kelly with Florida speed? Are you kidding me? This is going to be fun.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If Dooley asks him about Red Rubber Ball by Cyrkle I hope Kelly says “who?”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The honeymoon's over at the conclusion of the introductory press conference. Then the death threats can commence.
The last of the Butterpumpers cant let it go.

If we had just given him three to four more years, he would have figured it out, right?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It starts with this years recruiting class. Need to address ALL the needs.

Then the O&B Game. Need to see consistent drives from the O and some hard hitting from the D.

Game 1: Charleston Southern : Need to see the line on both sides playing physical and dominating (ie S&C work over Spring and Summer). D tackling should be much improved. Special Teams need to look like someone coaches them.

Game 2: Kentucky : Need to see consistency in the O, the D and special teams.

Game 3: Colorado State : Should dominate.

The rest of the season ... show progress. (be competitive, win one against "better" team)

It doesn't have anything to do with Ws or Ls. It's how we get the Ws and Ls.

Oh... and beat the snot out of View attachment 7872
Don't know how much to expect in the O&B game with an entirely new offense being installed.

Interestingly someone posted the Ducks 2011 spring game and it looked nothing like their season. Most plays had QB under center and I don't think they ran a single play with QB under center during the season.

Our Oline has been blocking straight ahead their whole careers. Kelly's line almost always moves. Having said that Kelly adjusts according to the players he has. If our tubby's on the O'line can't move he'll have to design around that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our Oline has been blocking straight ahead their whole careers. Kelly's line almost always moves.
Man o man. I cant even fathom how ugly this line would look trying to run Oregon's offense.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

It's important as a coach to stay on the right side of the death threats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator