Quincy Wilson Declares for the NFL Draft

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never a doubt. Smart move. Will probably be the first corner taken.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw during the Iowa game where McShay had Brantley as the No. 2 DT and a top 10 pick.
Had Tabor around the 15th pick and Wilson around the 24th pick, if my memory serves me correctly.
I like Wilson better, but feel Tabor is the better tackler.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Good luck to all of them. It may impact our secondary next year but getting drafted will also impact future impressions on how we get kids drafted. Thanks for the work gents

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad we've got the depth to fill all these early exits.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did anybody even think Wilson or Tabor would stay? I knew I didn't

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor talks a better game!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wilson is good, but he mailed it in midway thru the season. he shied away from tackling RB's of any size especially in the Alabama game. Best of luck.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had a small sliver of hope that Wilson would want to play a season with his brother, but I'm not surprised at either honestly.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/01/03/florida-gators-quincy-wilson-nfl-draft

“That’s been the angle that they’re playing with Quincy,” Chad Wilson said. “Come back and play another year with your brother. It sounds good. The truth of the matter is that his younger bother is fully intent on coming to UF and (competing to play). Great as it would be (for them to play together), it would prohibit some of those goals that his brother has.”

Chad Wilson said that Marco Wilson’s recruitment went much deeper than choosing Florida because Quincy did. He complimented the job that Florida’s defensive coaches did developing his older son.

“They have a tradition, they have a culture of defense,” he said. “Defense is important to them. They’ve always played it there.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Well somewhat bad for us, perhaps good for him. I hoped he would stay to play with his brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator