"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Tabor was our #1

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
that's just silly. gonna be some HUGE shoes to fill next season after he and Tabor fly the coop.

lord, the whole defense is gonna be wrecked by graduations/departures.

Wilson, Tabor, Maye, Cox, Brantley, Davis, Anzalone, Ivie.

Woof.

Caleb is a RS Jr. Wonder if he will be willing to stay like Bullard.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
that's just silly. gonna be some HUGE shoes to fill next season after he and Tabor fly the coop.

Woof.

Tongue in cheek....... "We'll just reload!"

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
That's ridiculous, even more impressive when you factor in that most teams try to avoid throwing at Tabor, so they'll throw at him instead.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Woof.

Has Brantley really impressed anyone? I know he's injured, but I don't think he's lived up to the hype. Maybe he needs one more year...

As for QW, we'll see how good his numbers are after uga, arky, lsucks and f$ucks. I hope he makes us proud.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is EASILY our best DT, like not even close. The others get virtually no penetration. Clark, in particular, can rarely disengage even a single blocker.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
As for QW, we'll see how good his numbers are after uga, arky, lsucks and f$ucks. I hope he makes us proud.
He's definitely fixing to get his chance to prove he's the best. If continues to play like he has (or close to it) he'll get PAID come April!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I guess I expected more consistency out of Brantley with all the preseason hype. Granted, I'm not tracking stats or "breaking down game film," so that's why I asked. I don't see the big picture because I mostly just follow the ball...

I still say he should stay one more year, but mainly because next year will be scary at DT.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
What are everyone's thoughts on Anzalone leaving? I know he's just a RJr.

Obviously, I think it makes sense for him to make some money if he can sense he seems so injury prone but has he played well enough, and is there enough tape on him to warrant an early departure?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What are everyone's thoughts on Anzalone leaving? I know he's just a RJr.

Obviously, I think it makes sense for him to make some money if he can sense he seems so injury prone but has he played well enough, and is there enough tape on him to warrant an early departure?

I believe Anzalone is actually a grad student. I would assume he'd be gone.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Would love to see Anzalone stay, but won't blame him if he enters the draft.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Has Brantley really impressed anyone? I know he's injured, but I don't think he's lived up to the hype. Maybe he needs one more year...

When he's 100% he's about as good as there is in CFB....Problem is he's been dinged the majority of his career....he's light years better than anyone else we have on the defensive line.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Anzalone is actually a grad student. I would assume he'd be gone.
With his injury history (hopefully he makes it through the season unscathed) I'd make the jump if I were him. Why take chances on another college season when he'll likely be a fairly high draft pick? I'd love to have him return, but yeah, I gotta believe he's gonna make the jump.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Two years straight our best CB isn't the one you expected.
Actually...it's not the one the "Media" told us was the best. For anyone who has paid attention Wilson has been the best CB at UF since last year. He hasn't received the hype Hargreaves/Tabor has but he's the best of the 3 and unless he has a terrible combine he'll get drafted before Tabor.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On his INT, it was dazzling the way Wilson first wrapped his body around the ball to assure he'd
make the catch and then rip the speed and add the stiff-arm shove-down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've never heard of a stat called "pass rush productivity" but I will take it since it confirms that Brantley is real damn good. It was on the internet so it has to be true, right?

I'm also much more concerned about "run defense productivity" out of a DT.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On ESPN, they have Brantley rated a late first round pick. If that holds up, he's gone.

The only way I see Anzalone staying is if he gets feedback saying that he'd go higher if he can prove he can stay healthy through another season. I don't even think they would give him that feedback, even if true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.