Random Bowl Thoughts

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
What I hate most about bowl games is the damn announcers and trying to extrapolate so much out of these meaningless games. The "this team is making a statement" or "they are back", "the future is bright" etc. So damn annoying. The only thing these games do is make fans fret or feel good about the next season, but have little to no bearing on how the next season will turn out.

And ya, screw the dogs.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I watched the cock's vs Catholic's game, and, unfortunately, I have to agree with beamer. Those refs were as bad as any I have seen all year. If some idiot offensive lineman is not paying attention and someone hits him and knocks him down near the line of scrimmage, how can it be a blindside hit? 2 of those calls were against the cocks and on both occasions the hitter had his head in front of an offensive blocker, and one was more of a push than a hit.

Blindside hits except on a QB are BS anyway. If a helmet or shoulder pads cannot be used in the play of game, we don't need to use them, and close tackles need to be called down (bring out the flags). Moreover, why do these guys make so much money for playing such a safe sport?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Michigan getting dominated by TCU going into the half, Michigan looks slow and can’t block Tcu d-line. Harbaugh with some questionable calls on the goal line as well, which cost them 2 td’s likely.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Even though I despise the dawgs, I have always supported the SEC over any other conference. So much for hating the Big 10!
I’ve never pulled for the dwags…EVER! I would pull for China over those nut licking m’fers!

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I love the Gators and absolutely despise the dawgs. I have always rooted for the Gators (win or lose) and then for the dominance of the SEC over every other conference. I have never rooted for the dawgs or any other SEC team except UK in the 60's (I attended UK before I got drafted in 1966). It's support of our conference, not support of any member except UF.

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
I have it on good authority that there is a pRoCeSs for this kind of thing, but these maroons at TCU are still playing when they should already be in the "Foundation" stage for 2023. They're screwed for next year and maybe forever because everybody knows it takes six years to "do it right". Sad.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I love the Gators and absolutely despise the dawgs. I have always rooted for the Gators (win or lose) and then for the dominance of the SEC over every other conference. I have never rooted for the dawgs or any other SEC team except UK in the 60's (I attended UK before I got drafted in 1966). It's support of our conference, not support of any member except UF.
Fuch the conference, and more importantly, Fuch ALL DWAGS…..always!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU is crushing Purdue. I know Purdue sux and missing their qb and coach, but 42-0?

I have LSU winning the SEC next year. They return their offense (minus Butte) and have another great recruiting class coming in.

Bama and UGA are losing too many starters.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
LSU is crushing Purdue. I know Purdue sux and missing their qb and coach, but 42-0?

I have LSU winning the SEC next year. They return their offense (minus Butte) and have another great recruiting class coming in.

Bama and UGA are losing too many starters.
More importantly, we didn’t take the worst bowl loss. :yes:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Watching many of these games has made it clear to me that success in college football absolutely starts with the quarterback. The guys behind center from Kansas, from Tulane, from TCU are what makes those offenses effective. That's not to mention the more obvious choices like USC and OSU and Bama. Even Georgia, with a stocked roster, needs for Bennett to play well to win close games against quality opponents.

How did teams like Tulane and TCU turn things around so quickly? Coaching may have been part of it but first and foremost they had quarterbacks who could see the field, deliver the ball to the right place at the right time, makes plays with their legs when they had to and provide leadership. Sadly, and with no disrespect to AR, the Gators were able to count on only one of those four things this season. (And even making plays with the QB's legs was hit and miss). I also believe that's why the play calling appeared to be so puzzling so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.