Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
GJCX4ILW4AAmY3_

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
and a bald-faced lie, like everything they say. no bullet goes that fast, see this site.

Ummmm……on the link go over to the far right at the bottom and click on where it says .223 rifle. With a barrel length exceeding 16” and a Remington round 50 grains or less, they will exceed 3,000 ft/sec.

@Detroitgator and some of our other firearms experts should feel to correct me, but I seem to recall some rifles can fire a projectile as fast as 5K feet/sec.

Handgun rounds of course move much slower (no where near 3K ft/sec as your link correctly shows), but the round in the meme is clearly a rifle round.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Ummmm……on the link go over to the far right at the bottom and click on where it says .223 rifle. With a barrel length exceeding 16” and a Remington round 50 grains or less, they will exceed 3,000 ft/sec.

@Detroitgator and some of our other firearms experts should feel to correct me, but I seem to recall some rifles can fire a projectile as fast as 5K feet/sec.

Handgun rounds of course move much slower (no where near 3K ft/sec as your link correctly shows), but the round in the meme is clearly a rifle round.
I mean, basic Green Tip breaks 3000 fps

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.