Randy Moss

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

What about their per game averages? Would be interesting to see that comparison.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Until this 30 for 30, I honestly thought the guy was saying Randy University :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take moss over rice. Rice had 2 hall of famers throwing to him. Randy moss had freaking Dante Culpeper throwing to him the better part of his career. Plus the "straight cash homie" quote is probably the best of all time.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Randy Moss quit on too many plays in too many games for me to ever equate him with Jerry Rice. Regardless of the QB. If I'm a GM, given a choice between the two, Rice gets the choice 10 times out of 10. Moss, though an incredible talent, could never give it all on every snap. Rice could.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Randy Moss was undoubtedly the most physically gifted WR of all time. Jerry Rice was the best at playing the position, and nobody else comes even remotely close.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n103824 said:
Randy Moss was undoubtedly the most physically gifted WR of all time. Jerry Rice was the best at playing the position, and nobody else comes even remotely close.

This.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Mainland_Buc_75;n103817 said:
Randy Moss quit on too many plays in too many games for me to ever equate him with Jerry Rice. Regardless of the QB. If I'm a GM, given a choice between the two, Rice gets the choice 10 times out of 10. Moss, though an incredible talent, could never give it all on every snap. Rice could.

This +1000

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;9IsQK69Tlao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IsQK69Tlao[/video]

Mehhh... Give me Swann. And I HATED the Steelers.

He played before the steriod era thus didn't play as long and amass the career stats. Nevertheless he was absolutely the best in the game. There simply weren't any DBs athletic enough to stop him. The same can be said for Moss.... conversely Swann was at his best in the big games, won multiple Super Bowls, and MVPs. Obviously, Moss won't be remembered as champion and many would call him "me first."

Frankly Rice wasn't that athletic. He was the beneficiary of the crazy numbers from the West Coast offense and his very, very long career. Swann played for a run first team (that obviously could pass also). I'm not poo pooing Rice's abilities. He was an all time great, but he wasn't quite the incredible freak athlete among teams full of incredibly athletic guys.

Ahmad Rashad wasn't far behind IMO. Those guys were amazing.

Moss? He had all the tools, but he publicly admitted he took plays off. Most would say he took games and years off. He could have been great but then he got high. To me, Percy is a better comparison to Moss. Guys who never achieved what they could have.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Steroid comment is stupid. It's like people hating on Lance because he doped. They all did (do) it, sorry he was better than everyone around him on a level field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course they all did it and are all now doing it. Hell, plenty of NFL linemen in the 70s were the size of linebackers today. I'm just saying guys back then weren't playing until they were 42 because they didn't have the extra chemical help. It does matter when you are comparing stats from guys from before the widespread juicing days.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is a coolness factor that plays in wich puts moss the clear cut best wr of all time

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Nor did they have the chemical disadvantage of 260lb lbs that run 4.5 40s that can bench press Wobbles mom 400 times hitting them when they came across the middle (targeting wasn't a thing in the Moss era). I attribute longevity in the nfl more toward medical advancements in sports injuries. I have an MRI scheduled on Monday to see if my acl is torn. If it is, I don't anticipate missing more than one season of tris before I'm back. That would have been a death sentence when Swann was playing

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Also the league figures out that concrete under Astro turf was actually a pretty bad idea. Ask Sterling Sharp, who would be in this conversation

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator