Recruiting Battles & Roster Makeup: Florida vs. Georgia

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is a good free article on 247 about the roster make up of both UF & UGA and recruiting:

Recruiting Battles & Roster Makeup: FL vs. UGA

Recruiting Battles & Roster Makeup: Georgia vs Florida

(more at the link):

OVERVIEW

--- Since 2014, Georgia has signed recruiting classes ranked 8th, 6th, 6th, 3rd, and 1st, respectively (4.8 average).

---Since 2012, Florida has signed recruiting classes ranked 9th, 21st, 12th, 11th, and 14th, respectively (13.4 average).

--- In reference to the 247Sports Composite, Florida has two former five-star prospects on its roster: offensive tackle Martez Ivey and defensive lineman CeCe Jefferson.

---Georgia has 14 former five-star prospects on the roster: quarterback Justin Fields, running back Zamir White, offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer, cornerback Tyson Campbell, wide receiver Mecole Hardman Jr., wide receiver Demetris Robertson, offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson, tight end Isaac Nauta, outside linebacker Adam Anderson, wide receiver Terry Godwin, safety Richard LeCounte, offensive lineman Cade Mays, outside linebacker Brenton Cox, and running back D'Andre Swift.

--- Georgia has 47 former four-stars to Florida's 33.

AVERAGE 247SPORTS COMPOSITE RATING

Florida's starting QB = .9732

Georgia's starting QB = .9794

Florida's starting RB = .9464

Georgia's starting RB = .9297

Florida's starting WR = .9540

Georgia's starting WR = .9626

Florida's starting TE = .8458

Georgia's starting TE = .9645

Florida's starting OL = .8773

Georgia's starting OL = .9467

Florida's starting DL = .8986

Georgia's starting DL = 9465

Florida's starting LB = .8690

Georgia's starting LB = .9211

Florida's starting DB= .9034

Georgia's starting DB= .8997

--- In assessing the starters on both sides, Georgia has more highly touted prospects starting along the defensive and offensive line, linebacker, quarterback, wide receiver, and tight end. Florida has the more highly-rated starters, in terms of the 247Sports Composite, at defensive back and running back.

ROSTER MAKEUP

Georgia has 11 players on its roster from the state of Florida: cornerback Tyson Campbell, defensive back Divaad Wilson, running back James Cook, defensive back Ameer Speed, wide receiver Matt Landers, defensive back Latavious Brini, offensive lineman Solomon Kindley, wide receiver Riley Ridley, linebacker Juwan Taylor, outside linebacker Keyon Richardson, and defensive back Deandre Baker. Five of them, Speed, Kindley, Taylor, Richardson, and Baker, did not have an offer from in-state Florida.

Florida has seven players on its roster from the state of Georgia: defensive end Antonneous Clayton, defensive end Jabari Zuniga, offensive lineman Griffin McDowell, quarterback Emory Jones, cornerback Trey Dean, center Nick Buchanan, and running back Dameon Pierce. Three of them, Clayton, Zuniga, and McDowell, did not have an offer from in-state Georgia.

A GLANCE AT THE FUTURE

--- Georgia ranks No. 3 in the 2019 recruiting team rankings with 17 commitments and an average rating of 93.92, the highest in the country.

Florida ranks No. 22 in the 2019 recruiting rankings with 15 commitments and an average star rating of 89.69, good for 16th in the country.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Hopefully we can get a little Spurrieresque magic where they have the higher ranked recruits and we win the game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They grade a huge advantage on either line. Kirby comes into this game with a lot more to lose than a share of first place in the SEC East.

Oct 5, 2014
This is a good free article on 247 about the roster make up of both UF & UGA and recruiting:

Recruiting Battles & Roster Makeup: FL vs. UGA

Recruiting Battles & Roster Makeup: Georgia vs Florida

(more at the link):

OVERVIEW

--- Since 2014, Georgia has signed recruiting classes ranked 8th, 6th, 6th, 3rd, and 1st, respectively (4.8 average).

---Since 2012, Florida has signed recruiting classes ranked 9th, 21st, 12th, 11th, and 14th, respectively (13.4 average).

--- In reference to the 247Sports Composite, Florida has two former five-star prospects on its roster: offensive tackle Martez Ivey and defensive lineman CeCe Jefferson.

---Georgia has 14 former five-star prospects on the roster: quarterback Justin Fields, running back Zamir White, offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer, cornerback Tyson Campbell, wide receiver Mecole Hardman Jr., wide receiver Demetris Robertson, offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson, tight end Isaac Nauta, outside linebacker Adam Anderson, wide receiver Terry Godwin, safety Richard LeCounte, offensive lineman Cade Mays, outside linebacker Brenton Cox, and running back D'Andre Swift.

--- Georgia has 47 former four-stars to Florida's 33.

AVERAGE 247SPORTS COMPOSITE RATING

Florida's starting QB = .9732

Georgia's starting QB = .9794

Florida's starting RB = .9464

Georgia's starting RB = .9297

Florida's starting WR = .9540

Georgia's starting WR = .9626

Florida's starting TE = .8458

Georgia's starting TE = .9645

Florida's starting OL = .8773

Georgia's starting OL = .9467

Florida's starting DL = .8986

Georgia's starting DL = 9465

Florida's starting LB = .8690

Georgia's starting LB = .9211

Florida's starting DB= .9034

Georgia's starting DB= .8997

--- In assessing the starters on both sides, Georgia has more highly touted prospects starting along the defensive and offensive line, linebacker, quarterback, wide receiver, and tight end. Florida has the more highly-rated starters, in terms of the 247Sports Composite, at defensive back and running back.

ROSTER MAKEUP

Georgia has 11 players on its roster from the state of Florida: cornerback Tyson Campbell, defensive back Divaad Wilson, running back James Cook, defensive back Ameer Speed, wide receiver Matt Landers, defensive back Latavious Brini, offensive lineman Solomon Kindley, wide receiver Riley Ridley, linebacker Juwan Taylor, outside linebacker Keyon Richardson, and defensive back Deandre Baker. Five of them, Speed, Kindley, Taylor, Richardson, and Baker, did not have an offer from in-state Florida.

Florida has seven players on its roster from the state of Georgia: defensive end Antonneous Clayton, defensive end Jabari Zuniga, offensive lineman Griffin McDowell, quarterback Emory Jones, cornerback Trey Dean, center Nick Buchanan, and running back Dameon Pierce. Three of them, Clayton, Zuniga, and McDowell, did not have an offer from in-state Georgia.

A GLANCE AT THE FUTURE

--- Georgia ranks No. 3 in the 2019 recruiting team rankings with 17 commitments and an average rating of 93.92, the highest in the country.

Florida ranks No. 22 in the 2019 recruiting rankings with 15 commitments and an average star rating of 89.69, good for 16th in the country.

We are doomed!!!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Georgia got clocked by LSU. Florida beat LSU. That's all I need to know. The Cocktail Party will be a brawl.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is interesting. It certainly shows where we are as far as recruiting is concerned. Their best classes are sophomores and freshmen, which doesn't necessarily translate into championships (see UF 2007 as an example). They lost a lot of seniors last year so a down year is expected. They'll likely be better next year when these young guys get more experience. Hopefully our guys will continue to grow and improve as well.

I'd also be curious to see how we compare to LSU.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think this is interesting. It certainly shows where we are as far as recruiting is concerned. Their best classes are sophomores and freshmen, which doesn't necessarily translate into championships (see UF 2007 as an example). They lost a lot of seniors last year so a down year is expected. They'll likely be better next year when these young guys get more experience. Hopefully our guys will continue to grow and improve as well.

Agree, and it's especially why we need to see our recruiting rankings improve. As it stands, we're falling farther and farther behind. We need to keep adding as many blue-chip kids as possible. I'm surprised we only have 35 4 & 5-star kids (compared to UGA's 61, w/ 14 being 5-stars). So, 50 of our scholarship players are 3-stars or less, only 24 of UGA's are.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

The Gators 2007 season was the parallel I was drawing as well. So much talent on that team but not quite ready for prime time yet.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Jawjas wr, ol and dl units crush ours by star rankings and yet who would wanna swap those position groups with them (besides Omar)? I think those 3 units are a testament to how good of a job this staff has done this season.

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
I think tomorrows game will be a true assessment of both coaching staffs. Should Georgia win, they will begin the process of molding their team into championship caliber. This includes having their young pups gain more experience and confidence as the season progresses, and they will continue to see recruits wanting to be a part of the new Georgia culture. Should Florida win, I believe the sentiment towards Smart will be he's just like Richt. He can recruit, but can't coach a big game. Mullen on the other hand, should Florida win, will be viewed as the best coach in the SEC aside from Saban. There is a lot more pressure on Georgia's staff tomorrow. If they lose, the foundation they built to date will begin to crumble, whereas Florida's foundation is just beginning.

Ultimately, Georgia has the talent to beat us, they just don't have the experience to do so convincingly. The team who's coaching staff places their team in a better position to neutralize the other teams strengths will win the game. And Mullen has been impressive so far this season in doing just that. I just have a feeling Georgia has their backs against the wall right now, and they will have more than a few tricks up their sleeve. Would not surprise me if we see Georgia use the infamous flea flicker tomorrow...seems they get a TD out of that play every year. So who out-coaches who tomorrow? Because I don't think talent has anything to do with tomorrow's game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why even play the game.

Revisiting this.

Anyone that thinks having a 61 vs. 35 talent discrepancy isn't an issue....got re-watch this football game. We got slightly out-coached....however, we got big-time out-talented. Especially at QB, TE, CB, and LB. This roster is depleted. It's weak in plenty of spots. Anyone discounting this article doesn't know sh*t about college football.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Revisiting this.

Anyone that thinks having a 61 vs. 35 talent discrepancy isn't an issue....got re-watch this football game. We got slightly out-coached....however, we got big-time out-talented. Especially at QB, TE, CB, and LB. This roster is depleted. It's weak in plenty of spots. Anyone discounting this article doesn't know sh*t about college football.
Since you chose to @me and not a similar poster's comment like LeftCoastGator I'll oblige. I didn't and don't discount the talent disparity. I simply don't feel like we should roll over for them because they're more talented. In fact, I believe that issue can be used as motivation.

However, it sure is easy for you to point to this issue now that the game is over. Had Florida won I bet you don't @me on it.

Go Gators.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Revisiting this.

I really didn’t think we got that out coached. Actually in key situations I thought Kirby was way too conservative. Not calling a TO before we punted at the end of 1st half likely cost them a TD the way they marched down the field. Then just trying to run up the middle several times on our goal line stand to settle for a FG. Kirby has the luxury of having tons of talent at his disposal, we don’t. We left points out on the field and turnovers killed us, can’t blame that on the coaches. If we continue to get this kind of effort out of these players the rest of the year, we shouldn’t lose to any of our remaining teams we play.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really didn’t think we got that out coached. Actually in key situations I thought Kirby was way too conservative. Not calling a TO before we punted at the end of 1st half likely cost them a TD the way they marched down the field. Then just trying to run up the middle several times on our goal line stand to settle for a FG. Kirby has the luxury of having tons of talent at his disposal, we don’t. We left points out on the field and turnovers killed us, can’t blame that on the coaches. If we continue to get this kind of effort out of these players the rest of the year, we shouldn’t lose to any of our remaining teams we play.

I thought for the most part the coaches did well with the exception of the last 3 min of the second quarter, which was pretty bad. They should be kicking themselves for how they managed the game on both sides of the ball then.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I thought for the most part the coaches did well with the exception of the last 3 min of the second quarter, which was pretty bad. They should be kicking themselves for how they managed the game on both sides of the ball then.

The option play with EJ was dumb, considering we only needed 1 yard. Just pound it there and get the first. Then the inability to cover the TE on 4 straight fu**ing plays is inexcusable. Don’t know what the hell the defense was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.