The National Signing Day Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was joking about the recruits. I don't think we go Ofer and I think we might actually win out.
You don't think we go Ofer October? Are you willing to bet?

I think we could win out now with Butters fired, especially if they can Nusschump on Sunday.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look recruits, the Gator Nation Fans, you know the dreaded Noise in the System, did you a favor running Mr Inept out of town so to speak. We are back at the poker table of coaches game. I hope our decade of ho hum ball is about to end. I think the 'right' HC with the right plan will make it exciting to play here and bend the drifters back our way. I'm hopeful. Go Gators!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The greatest task I see for the new HC will be to demand complete control of who is and is not retained. There is too much at stake to hamstring a good hire with a incompetent staff for the sake of holding on to this recruit or that one. It's pretty obvious that the single greatest deficiency plaguing this program has been a total lack of judgement, leadership and accountability by the HC. We need someone big enough and strong enough to what is going to be a very tough job. I would be leery of anyone who didn't insist on doing things as he saw fit, come what may. No more weaklings please. We have to get this right, or face the possibility of long-term stagnation.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top-100 OL William Barnes would like to see UCF’s Scott Frost at Florida

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/spor...f-scott-frost-florida/sicWFKaIlgVDyYL70BwnnL/

APOPKA, Fla. — Living in the Orlando area, William Barnes is all too familiar with UCF football.

The Knights had their best season in school history when Barnes was in eight grade, but the program plummeted over the next two years. In the spring of 2016, Barnes began to emerge as one of the nation’s top offensive linemen for the Class of 2018.

One of the first head coaches to recruit Barnes was UCF’s Scott Frost, who was hired in Dec. 2015.

“He’s a great coach,” Barnes told SEC Country. “I’ve talked to him a little bit. UCF was recruiting me hard early on.”

Barnes narrowed his recruitment to 7 finalists in late July, with Florida and North Carolina being co-leaders. The U.S. Army All-American thinks Frost would be a good hire for the Gators.

“That would be great to see him get the position. He could take Florida to the next level,” Barnes said of Frost. “Just seeing his season this year, it’s great.

“They’re playing great. I see the way they work. So he definitely would help out Florida a lot.”

The 6-foot-4, 312-pound Barnes is ranked the nation’s No. 6 offensive tackle and No. 52 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He still plans to make his decision on National Signing Day and remains high on the Gators.

“Coach Mac was a great coach. Him leaving really struck my heart, but it hasn’t changed my feelings about Florida,” Barnes said. “I like them as a school, not just because of the coaches.”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Rather than going to the next level I'd rather skip that and go to the championship level.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
On recruiting, do you think being in Fla breeds lazy recruiting because there is so much talent around that they feel like they don't have to hustle? Versus say you are at TennerC

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On recruiting, do you think being in Fla breeds lazy recruiting because there is so much talent around that they feel like they don't have to hustle? Versus say you are at TennerC
not really...everyone recruits here.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Based on the rumors, Mac might be the only one who was guilty of that.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guess it is.

@ThomasGoldkamp: Umm, OK.

Nothing like taking commitments the next head coach may or may not want.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MusChimp wasn't lazy. Butters was lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator