Replacements for Mullen/Grantham

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
JBoss, from diving the Cousin Eddie Bandwagon to jumping off now. Forget it, Cousin Eddie not going anywhere and the chances that we ever are regularly winning SEC and an occasional national champ is unlikely. It takes FULL commitment from the admin AND from the donors. We have neither. And those are the people that just look at the numbers. 10 games one year, 9 the next or whatever. Hey we are 8-2 in the KUNG FLU and total losses by ONLY 6 points. That is how they think. Does not matter we lost to an average Ass Too Mouth Faggie team and a totally horrendous CoonAss team. Does not matter that we have gotten worse almost weekly. Does not matter. 10 wins, 10 wins, 8-2 in the Kung Flu. All they can see. End results, process is irrelevant. Does not matter we can't line up. does not matter we can't teach safety play. Process is irrelevant.

On the positive of your thread, best we can hope for is a total staff overhaul. doubt it happens

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Mullen isn’t going anywhere.

DC - Mason, Quinn, Strong, Manuel - there’s a healthy list of possibilities out there.

It’s ridiculous that this late in the season our guys cannot line up, blow assignments repeatedly and yet you can see their ability to make plays IF they are in position. I know we are light on the DL and have recruiting deficiencies at S and LB, but many of those guys make plays, too.

THIS...No Excuse for this...NONE...ADD: Throwing Cleats and Showboating when LOSING.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
JBoss, from diving the Cousin Eddie Bandwagon to jumping off now. Forget it, Cousin Eddie not going anywhere and the chances that we ever are regularly winning SEC and an occasional national champ is unlikely. It takes FULL commitment from the admin AND from the donors. We have neither. And those are the people that just look at the numbers. 10 games one year, 9 the next or whatever. Hey we are 8-2 in the KUNG FLU and total losses by ONLY 6 points. That is how they think. Does not matter we lost to an average Ass Too Mouth Faggie team and a totally horrendous CoonAss team. Does not matter that we have gotten worse almost weekly. Does not matter. 10 wins, 10 wins, 8-2 in the Kung Flu. All they can see. End results, process is irrelevant. Does not matter we can't line up. does not matter we can't teach safety play. Process is irrelevant.

On the positive of your thread, best we can hope for is a total staff overhaul. doubt it happens

Winner

It does not matter anymore...UF is Elite...Football is secondary. All they need is to win 10/yr and have a shot at the SEC. We will still be somewhat significant, still be on TV, still noticed...But we'll be ELITE

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Napier? Bell?

Thank God you don’t have a say. That would be catastrophic.

Really J? As FireFoley so clearly points out...It don't matter anymore.

So why not give it to a Gator Alumnus...Football Standout?

Or give some no name hot shot a chance?

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020

I’m good with his past. Like @t-gator said I doubt the uaa approves it but he’s number 1. I really like Fleck also. I agree 100% on Mario. I guess worst case with him is at least we would have a loaded roster for the next guy.

I’d like your opinion on Kiffin. I’m in the minority but I really like him as a coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like your opinion on Kiffin. I’m in the minority but I really like him as a coach.
My opinion is that I'd rather chew broken glass than have his dumb ass roaming our sideline. He burned all those bridges many years ago.

3345965421_f8983355bb_o.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I assume that Dr. Fuchsface would have us scouring the Ivy League for our next coach since we will be eliminating scholarships soon

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Steele or Mason as DC.

Cousin Eddie isn't going anywhere. However, if the NFL for some unforeseen reason were to poach him, the first call, and yes I am clear-minded and sober saying this, should go to Urban. After he says no, maybe a list of Cristobal, Fleck, Campbell, Fickell, and maybe someone like Doeren or Clawson as a wild card.

All of the names except Campbell and Fickell are trash. Please never list these guys ever again

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

He's a below average coach. I don't want a recruiter because essentially we're still where we are right now

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Mullen isn’t going anywhere.

DC - Mason, Quinn, Strong, Manuel - there’s a healthy list of possibilities out there.

It’s ridiculous that this late in the season our guys cannot line up, blow assignments repeatedly and yet you can see their ability to make plays IF they are in position. I know we are light on the DL and have recruiting deficiencies at S and LB, but many of those guys make plays, too.

Strong should not be on the list. Guy hadn't had a top 25 defense since like 2012. I'd rather have a new up and comer.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Don't think Mullen would go anywhere.
As far as Freeze, just remember what McElstainsharkhumper did to him in the Swamp.

I also saw what Freeze did to Saban in back to back years and what he has done at Liberty. The guy is a great coach. A scumbag but great coach

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The problem I'd personally have with Cristobal is that he's a cane. And I don't necessarily mean because he played there. But he's gone back several times and, by all indications, is a cane at heart. So not only would that dampen my view before he even began(see WM), it also tells me that he'd potentially bounce if he had any success here and they came calling. I also think his mentality is too much "big, power" for UF, which we've seen fail here.

No denying though, I think he's an incredible recruiter and is a really good face of the program type. I'm interested to see if he gets Oregon to the next level. Just not my preference.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Not that Mullen is going anywhere but hypothetically if some dumb NFL organization offered him a job...my list of candidates would be pretty short

1. Freeze
2. Kiffin
3. Campbell

I think if Campbell would have a hard time here because of lack of ties but he's a great coach. However, Mullen likely isn't going anywhere.

For DC which I hope a change is made here is what I'd look at.

1. Mason
2. Bateman
3. Steele
4. Cinci DC
5. Idk anyone is still better than TG

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads