Replacing Egbunu's production

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I read somewhere that White thinks Gak is ready for more minutes once his ankle heals. I hope he's right.

Also, can we get Noah to give a 10 minute seminar on blocking? His blocks were steals. I'm tired of the booming blocks into the 5th row that lets the other team maintain possession.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
A lot of this will depend on who UF is playing. Miss State plays two 6'10" guys, one 250 lbs and the other 195 lbs. They both started the last game but play about 44 minutes together so I suspect one is in the game most of the time. I think you can play a 6'8" 240 lbs Stone against post players like this. On the other hand I think against teams like Vandy with 7' guys you need to bring in a back up center who is in the 6'10" range.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of this will depend on who UF is playing. Miss State plays two 6'10" guys, one 250 lbs and the other 195 lbs. They both started the last game but play about 44 minutes together so I suspect one is in the game most of the time. I think you can play a 6'8" 240 lbs Stone against post players like this. On the other hand I think against teams like Vandy with 7' guys you need to bring in a back up center who is in the 6'10" range.

... Rimmer can't back up. He falls down. Just kidding. Will Rimmer surprise us? Say play 10% better?
Barry, K.Allen, K.Hill > all have to drive to the basket more ... either score or hit FTs.
FT% > Barry = 89.9% .... K.Allen = 87.1% .... Chiozza = 78.2%. Hill needs to up his FT% (now 63.7%) & drive more.
Shooting from the court FG% > Eggy 49.2% .... Rimmer 46.7% .... Hayes 63.6% .... Gak 62.5% >> all inside.
Outside Hester is 65.2%, so his more minutes might raise us a bit.

We have kept our scoring margin when Egbunu was lost to us from early fouls and minor injuries. So hope there?
Gonna have to count on Rimmer for some points, rebounds & stay out of foul trouble, 'til Gak gets back in form.
Maybe Hester can make 3s. Barry could get better set & make more 3s? Robinson needs to not go quiet on us.
K.Allen needs to start hot. Don't want all those guys feeling pressure. Just get a rhythm and share it well.
My head is spinning! IDK.
I just hope refs don't ruin the games.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
So the real question is what happens if Hayes gets 2 quick fouls...or what happens if Rimmer gets 2 quick ones as well. If we get into foul trouble (which is a good bet based on past results) where do we go... small, really small, zone, press...hopefully White has a plan for these scenarios
This is our biggest obstacle, teams like Kentucky will drive the basket relentlessly in an effort to put us in foul trouble, Stone can't play 15 min. without fouling out as it is. If Coach White can somehow still win the SEC he deserves a contract extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator