Reporter and cameraman shot dead on live TV in Virginia

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
oxrageous;n266343 said:
What about the poor woman who was being interviewed he also blew away? Did she deserve it, too? At least it appears she'll survive.

None of them deserve it IMO but the interviewee is in good condition and expected to be ok.

And that POV video is haunting. How close he got w/out them noticing him is eerie. He literally repositions himself several times for effect or better angle. He also calls the reporter a "bitch" but she didn't hear him probably because of her ear piece and for listening to her own voice and/or the voice of the control room/truck or the interviewee.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Everything I've seen online from people who work as reporters is they pretty much have tunnel vision during interviews. Otherwise, your eyes wander and it's unprofessional if you're not looking at your interviewee. Definitely eerie as hell seeing him get that close without anyone noticing, though.

Dec 10, 2014
This article is interesting. A former colleague describes Flanagan as a constant victim of his own making. Maybe it's just the nature of the line of work I'm in, but when I come across the "constant victim" it's almost always a black person. Usually a female. I come across it frequently. I believe almost like racism it is a behavior that is taught and is much more prevalent in black culture.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n267172 said:
the "constant victim" it's almost always a black person. Usually a female

Kind of a funny story
I was working with the State Dept IT group in 2011 and 2012 in their D.C. data center and one of the State guys "I want to show you this video, close the door".
He brought up an internal video of a recent State Department employee 'all-hands' meeting.
Hillary was taking Q&A when a middle aged black woman began this long diatribe about how many injustices she'd encountered, how many managers she'd gone through and how many times she had to go back and forth with human resources. Hillary and the other folks were all doing this: :facepalm:
To which Hillary finally interrupted her and said "At some point, don't you think the problem might be you?"
Cracked me up

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.