Richt FIRED, Kirby Smart to be next UGA coach- College Football New Coaches Thread

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow@ESPNCFB: North Carolina and Larry Fedora have agreed to a new 7-year deal.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, Nav. No one has learned this board's wisdom that you must never hire a guy who hasn't been an HC already. No one else knows that hiring a .500 guy from the Little Leagues is better.

He isn't a 2nd string coordinator. He is their coordinator. Their other co-coordinator is that terrible leftover from the previous staff, Luke Fickell, whom they didn't want to embarrass by demoting.
Well, if you ain't good enough to coordinate solo, you ain't good enough for a promotion in my book. But w/e. Nobody can argue with the almighty all-knowing :law:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, he is the coordinator. Calling Fickell a coordinator is an "in name only", just to appease the fanbase and him. Didn't want to double demote him from acting HC to position coach. He fell on his sword and acted for the year while they waited on Leyer to recover from his life threatening desire to spend time with his family.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's a really good coach.
No he's not. His overall record is 29-42 and he's never even been a coordinator. I'm all for south Carolina hiring him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
South Carolina: Reading the tea leaves on this one; but fact that Will Muschamp hasn’t been announced yet leads one to believe this is Rich Rod’s job. Thinking Rich might be headed back to Arizona to let his squad know in person tomorrow. Will update when more is known; but feels like this will be leaked / announced tomorrow after Rich has had a chance to speak with his team.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. I would have bet money they were going to hire a minority considering the atmosphere there of late. This is a pretty weak hire honestly. Doesn't exactly strike fear into the rest of the East.
I thought the hire had to be approved by the minority students and faculty based on the earlier demands. Think they may have panicked and probably will can this guy if the heat dies down and there is a big name available next year. Just trying to survive right now.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
xcsc.gif

:bwahaha:

I love that gif!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Guess Chump is now really their front runner. LMAO

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why would that shock anyone? The south Carolina is not a good job.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
@SportsCenter: Syracuse plans to announce Bowling Green's Dino Babers as its head coach as early as today. (via @schadjoe)

I can't believe Mizzou didn't go after this guy. He would have been perfect. He could do a lot better than Cuse honestly. Seems like he is settling and possibly ruining his career.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever makes the decision to hire Muschamp wins TIP (time in possession).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He was what...their 4th choice? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online