Ricky Pearsall shocks by sliding into the first round to SF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
2. Tyron Hopper.

Tells about Mullen recruiting, lack of bringing in impact transfers and development
I don’t follow the draft closely but I did scroll through the picks. Was Hopper the only ex-Gator drafted?

He’s one I hated to see leave. But of all the transfers out during that transition year, is he the only one to prosper?

Just looked at the 2021 roster sorted by class. It’s pretty awful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s one I hated to see leave. But of all the transfers out during that transition year, is he the only one to prosper?
Braun is all SEC.

Tarquin started at USC and was in demand in transfer portal, but not by Bammer or Ugly. Certainly more demand than George.

Donovan McMillion is all ACC at Pitt.

Hopper All SEC.

Antuan Powell all ACC.

The baker's dozen of 220 lb defensive end/edge/jack backers transferred here and there and have had a few sacks. Most are third and long players only, because no sane person plays those guys on the field on a running down.

Billy G collection of garbage receivers have done nothing even in lower divisions. What an eye that guy has.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Braun is all SEC.

Tarquin started at USC and was in demand in transfer portal, but not by Bammer or Ugly. Certainly more demand than George.

Hopper All SEC.

Antuan Powell all ACC.

The baker's dozen of 220 lb defensive end/edge/jack backers transferred here and there and have had a few sacks. Most are third and long players only, because no sane person plays those guys on a running down.

Billy G collection of garbage receivers have done nothing even in lower divisions. What an eye that guy has.

I’m not sure Billy G’s problem is a bad eye for talent as much as an inability to close out the recruitment of the really good receivers. I honestly can’t believe he has his job.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure Billy G’s problem is a bad eye for talent as much as an inability to close out the recruitment of the really good receivers. I honestly can’t believe he has his job.
In the future, no HC with a last name that starts with M. And no coaches that are named Billy. Ever.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Braun is all SEC.

Tarquin started at USC
This f vcked us more than anything offensively last year. I don't think Mertz is all world by any means but tackle play in particular KILLED any attempt at success trying to go more than 10-12 yards downfield.

While I agree for the most part with the WR assessment they may have looked at least average if Mertz didn't have to haul ass toward the right sideline from the instant he took the snap....it's almost like we never got to work both sides of the field. I also imagine Pearsall would have had some pretty impressive numbers.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Braun is all SEC.

Hopper All SEC.

Antuan Powell all ACC.

The baker's dozen of 220 lb defensive end/edge/jack backers transferred here and there and have had a few sacks. Most are third and long players only, because no sane person plays those guys on a running down.

Not sure what the issue was when Belly took over, but it did seem like their strategy was to go out and get their guys and let those that wanted to transfer, leave.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pearsall was the only player we had drafted this year. That shows what a shyte state our football program is in. .

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Pearsall was the only player we had drafted this year. That shows what a shyte state our football program is in. .
I’m sure Jawja, Free Shoes, ScUM, hell even USF, will be saying that in the ‘Crootin Trail.

I’m still in shock over how far we’ve fallen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what the issue was when Belly took over, but it did seem like their strategy was to go out and get their guys and let those that wanted to transfer, leave.
That's a fine strategy if you are going to go all Brian Kelly and bring in a bunch of P5 starters to replace them and add a class of 28-30 top freshmen.

But running off those guys and landing George, Nunnery and Moten and a three class of #15-#25....

Not so much.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's a fine strategy if you are going to go all Brian Kelly and bring in a bunch of P5 starters to replace them and add a class of 28-30 top freshmen.

But running off those guys and landing George, Nunnery and Moten and a three class of #15-#25....

Not so much.
During your hiatus, this is pretty much what we were all saying.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
During your hiatus, this is pretty much what we were all saying.
No, there were plenty who were convinced taters 15th-20th classes were way better than Mus/Mac/Muls 15-20th classes.

I bet some of them even thought taters 6 seasonal losses were better than Mus/Mac/Muls. :lol2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Apparently, at that time men weren’t taking their hats off when speaking to women, and then worse, would leave them completely alone to feed the tree by themselves.

Rough times.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Not so much.
So funny.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Goes to show you how young UF was last season.
Not the "youngest ever" as many people try to spin. And, of course, except for Junior Beamer, all those teams were far better than Billyball

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not the "youngest ever" as many people try to spin. And, of course, except for Junior Beamer, all those teams were far better than Billyball

Not to mention the fact that Georgia is on that list who was probably the best team in the country but tripped up against bama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator