Riley Cooper released from Eagles

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not condoning what Riley did but I guess I struggle with a league and players that are outraged over a word but have no problem playing beside a murderer or a man that beats up women.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not condoning what Riley did but I guess I struggle with a league and players that are outraged over a word but have no problem playing beside a murderer or a man that beats up women.

It's the country we live in today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Beyoncé didn't pull any punches with her "music". Figured Cooper wouldn't have been invited to
Sing along.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He got a contract extension after he said the word at the country concert. His performance the last two seasons hasn't lived up to that extension. Business move, he will probably be picked up by the 49ers and Chip Kelly.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

.... Add to that the quote appears to have been taken out of context. Supposedly he was actually referring to a couple white guys when saying the n word. Also and importantly it was said that he and his teammates say that word to each other on the field and in the locker room regularly. As we know, many African Americans call each other that word, even endearingly. So, it seems as if it's a case where cooper took on some of that culture and then suddenly forgot he was at a "country music concert" instead of hanging with his teammates.

You seriously believe that non of the 70% of nfl players who happen to be black never call Riley or other whites "cracker" ? But it's a non issue because they get a free pass on that. This whole thing was a non issue made into a dramatic event because of a cell phone camera, social media and ESPN stoking the flames for ratings.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Belichick will probably pick him up and get 2 or 3 years out of him....
OH YEAH! Like clockwork, baby. Except I think you are supposed to say "I hope/bet the Patriots will sign him and make proper use if his skillset" with all former Gators.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Riley should be more serviceable than most incoming rookie WRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator