Rio Olympics

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Midwest, that story is true. Here's another true story connected to Sally.
I was standing with her Dad in the back yard as steaks sizzled on the grill.
He points to the close privacy fence and says: " See that house right there ?
Little girl that recently moved was Sally's good friend. Sally had many sleep-overs
there. Well her Dad was caught flying his plane, lights off, over the Okeefenokee
Swamp. Somehow they forced him to land. When they searched his plane, thinking
on finding drugs, they opened a huge toolbox and found the cut up body of his wife."
Right there, I got chills thinking of innocent little 10 y.o. Sally mingling that close to
a killer.

Holy shee-yut, Rog. Unlike sex-offenders, the State doesn't provide a database to alert you of a murderer living next door.

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
Bob Costas will have all of his DNA on his chin by 30.

Has he already announced this is his last Olympics or no? I don't follow track that close, but sounded like that's what they were saying. He is ridiculously fast.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's more insane, Bolt winning three golds in three Olympics in the 100m Dash or the fact that he ran a 9.84 in the semi's pulling up the last 10m to glide. Gatlin was near perfect out of the blocks in the 100m final. Bolt was splashy out of the block (which would kill almost other competitor) and still crushed the field.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's more insane, Bolt winning three golds in three Olympics in the 100m Dash or the fact that he ran a 9.84 in the semi's pulling up the last 10m to glide. Gatlin was near perfect out of the blocks in the 100m final. Bolt was splashy out of the block (which would kill almost other competitor) and still crushed the field.

Bolt could have ran faster and would have won but I was really surprised Gatlin ran a slower time than 9.8 after getting out of the blocks like that. I thought he may have been sitting on a 9.69 or something like that with how he looked running about a 9.8 earlier in the year. Pressure zapped him some I guess.

I will still never forget Bolt pulling up running a 9.58 years ago. Probably a 9.49 was possible if he kept pushing. I doubt we see a 9.49 for a really long time unless they have already genetically modified some embryos.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bolt could have ran faster and would have won but I was really surprised Gatlin ran a slower time than 9.8 after getting out of the blocks like that. I thought he may have been sitting on a 9.69 or something like that with how he looked running about a 9.8 earlier in the year. Pressure zapped him some I guess.

I will still never forget Bolt pulling up running a 9.58 years ago. Probably a 9.49 was possible if he kept pushing. I doubt we see a 9.49 for a really long time unless they have already genetically modified some embryos.

It seemed once Gatlin felt Bolt over his shoulder he was running for second. The blocks are so important in the 100, and in a field without Bolt, Gatlin wins that race going away.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I thought he pulled up on the 9.69 in Beijing, but he ran through the line on the 9.58 at the Worlds.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What about the long jump final where the American who placed 4th, hand hit the sand a few feet before the rest of his body. that is why you are coached to jump with your hands in front of you. He might have been gold (at least from where the rest of his body hit) if his hand didn't touch.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's gonna happen we we find out these Olympians are all pulling a Lance Armstrong?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's gonna happen we we find out these Olympians are all pulling a Lance Armstrong?

No doubt some are... just a matter of time until we find out which ones. It's like when Marion Jones swore she was clean through multiple games.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.