RIP Bob Saget

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
My friend’s elderly mother had something similar happen back in late March of 2020 (early covid days). She fell and hit her head and had a slow brain bleed but she was not a candidate for surgery because of her heart. They essentially said nothing could be done however the hospital was shut down to all visitors. After a few days they called him and said you can come say goodbye to your mother for one hour. He drove 8 hours to Detroit to see her for one and kiss her goodbye. Then drove another 8 hours back home.

:sadnanner:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, he bumped his head and he went to bed and he didn't get up in the morning. Does that sum it up?
It’s raining it’s pouring…we should have paid more attention than laughing at the girls singing it!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If I remember correctly, she felt OK initially after some treatment for the accident - she was skiiing - and over the next couple of days her condition worsened before she passed.
Yup, she thought she was fine, then a few hours later knew she wasn't and went to the hospital then died a few days later.

Another tip, don't ever let someone in an accident/traumatic situation tell you, "I'm OK." With adrenaline, in that moment and for a while after, you have no idea how messed up you might be.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yep....subdural/epidural hemorrhage....same thing Sonny Bono and Liam Neeson's wife died of

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
This sounds highly dubious to me. I’m not going down some conspiracy theory hole, but is it possible to hit your head bad enough to potentially cause death, yet you decide to just lay down and not contact someone?
I’m not saying it’s impossible. It’s possible I suppose to cause some sort of disorientation. Is there anyone here in the medical profession that can chime in? Can you hit your head hard enough to be fatal, but not enough to cause alarm?

Yeah you can literally feel "fine" the night of and into the next day...but at some point symptoms appear, whether it's blurry vision, severe headache, etc

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Wow.....getting more and more bizarre....if he had that much damage, that is not something you just nonchalantly go to bed over and sleep it off until morning

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fractured skull to the eye sockets? C’mon…. You aint taking an advil and going to bed. This took an interesting turn

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.