RIP Bobby Bowden

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This.

We all die eventually, and you deserve to be judged on your actions in life. “Echo of the whistle” as an excuse for instructing his team to try to physically harm Danny was all I needed. Once a POS, always a POS.

eNUjyP.gif

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Haven’t been on here in a while. Figured today would be a good day to check in with the boys and say RIP to Bobby Bowden… nah, f*ck that guy

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't wish ill will or anything, and don't hate the guy. But he wasn't any saint when it came to his job or his players. Lot of hypocrisy from him and his camp and that's how I'll remember him, until the echo of hells bells.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
His "aw shucks" attitude while knowingly and willingly teaching dirty football will always be a stain on the game. To his credit, he knew how to get the media on his side so they never called him out.

If you hear about someone arrested at the funeral home...

giphy.gif

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Coach Bowden's legacy influenced much of our Gator football history. From the low's of the "Choke at Doak" to the high of "52-20", he is a part of our memories.
I never liked him as a coach, and that was more influenced by my complete hatred of the Semis and their program. But I did respect him as person who built the FSU football brand, and it's impact on college football.

RIP Coach Bowden.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I don't wish ill will or anything, and don't hate the guy. But he wasn't any saint when it came to his job or his players. Lot of hypocrisy from him and his camp and that's how I'll remember him, until the echo of hells bells.

This encapsulates my thoughts perfectly.
I won't celebrate that he's dead and, objectively, can understand that all of us are hypothetical in some form or fashion (the consequence of being flawed humans)--but it goes without saying he has a lot of black marks on his brand and largely skated past them bc he played the "aww shucks" routine with the media to perfection. That's probably his biggest success IMO, given the sheer enormity of stuff that would have gotten quite literally anyone else in hot water.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. But I did respect him as person .
Why?

He cheated at every turn. There were no dirtier teams on the planet. The celebrated late hitting QBs and knocking them out of the game, year and often career with late hits to the knees. One year they were bragging about destroying the knees of like 5 or 6 of the 8 ACC QBs they faced.

It sucks seeing Saban win but his teams dont try to late hit QBs and destroy their knees or other thiggish behaviour. Jimbo's Nulls didnt either. (Maybe the 80s scUM were close but it still seem to be a bad egg or two versus the entire team.)

It was all on Boobie and Andrews. Boobie hired Andrews and kept him year after year.

He told players to commit to us, keep it a secret and sign with Nulls on NSD. Kids may waiver, I get that. They are 17. But Mr Christian "Baptist Minister" instructed them to lie and bragged about it.

Womanizing, his boys learned it from him.

He was a total piece of shtt. Rot in hell.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why?

He cheated at every turn. There were no dirtier teams on the planet. The celebrated late hitting QBs and knocking them out of the game, year and often career with late hits to the knees. One year they were bragging about destroying the knees of like 5 or 6 of the 8 ACC QBs they faced.

It sucks seeing Saban win but his teams dont try to late hit QBs and destroy their knees or other thiggish behaviour. Jimbo's Nulls didnt either. (Maybe the 80s scUM were close but it still seem to be a bad egg or two versus the entire team.)

It was all on Boobie and Andrews. Boobie hired Andrews and kept him year after year.

He told players to commit to us, keep it a secret and sign with Nulls on NSD. Kids may waiver, I get that. They are 17. But Mr Christian "Baptist Minister" instructed them to lie and bragged about it.

Is there anything else you’d like to add?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do.
He gave up the chance to play QB at Alabama to marry Ann. Dumb ass.

I’m thinking the odds of him scoring were a tad higher with Ann than third-string scout team.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Why?

As a Christian (who is far from perfect), I can't condone this sentiment. However, I can't dispute the reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator