RIP Mike Leach - dead at 61

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, what terrible news and not what I wanted to read first thing this morning. Was really hoping he’d pull through. So sad and feel so bad for his family and friends.

Rest peacefully Coach. You were one of a kind. You will be miss by all.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This sucks. Leach was a mastermind. He developed a offensive system that was fun and exciting to watch. He was at BYU in the 80s was injured and never played football. But he watched and watched and tweaked the pass happy offense they came up with. His coaching tree is amazing and the number of heisman winners and contenders from his coaching tree have been incredible.

RIP Coach Pirate: this one is for you

sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well shttttt. I was really hoping he would recover. Like SOS he was an original in a world of cliches. The video of him folding chairs in disgust is one of the funniest things I have ever seen a coach do. Understated but nailed the point. 61 is young but it proves at anytime we can chck out. I hope we can honor him in that bowl game. Prayers for his family and all those close to him.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Such a sad situation. I hurt for his family, friends, and players both current and former. Prayers for them all. Leach will certainly be missed by many.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
The barrister coach Got his JD but loved football, so he did what he loved even though he did not play the game. He learned from some of the best including Bob Stoops and Hal Mumme and got MSU on the right track,, but the Lord must have had a greater calling. Sad news for his team, coaches and family. Rest in Peace.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
With this news about Coach Leach's illness and then subsequent passing I thought I had remembered him from Texas Tech and something about Craig James' son, Adam. So I had to go back and read up on it to see if I had the right coach in my head over this. I was a little dumbfounded that I had forgotten it was in fact Coach Leach when he was at Texas Tech with all that uproar over ESPN's Craig James and his pansy assed son Adam. Now that I know more about him since then I find it incredible he was fired over James' meddling and that sorry assed kid of his. What a bunch of losers the Texas Tach administration turned out to be. I also never realized Craig James was the jackass he was. I think ESPN finally got rid of him but I'll have to go back and check that. I'm just not in the mood right now with this really sad news. I thought Coach Leach was a helluva good coach and a great guy from what I saw of him on his various media appearances. He was definitely one of a kind. My thoughts are with his family and fellow coaches who knew him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
RIP coach - thanks for making football fun instead of so damn serious all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.